2007 Toyota Yaris wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Yaris:

2007 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Jul 042008

The car was being driven down the freeway in the middle lane at 62-64mph. Heard the tire blowout and felt the car pull to the right. Turned on emergency lights and pulled off to the side of the freeway. The car sustained major damage to the right front fender, right door, side skirt, hood, front bumper, ABS wiring and other wiring. The tire tread had separated from the tire. Highway patrol officer had to stop freeway traffic to get the tread off the freeway. He confirmed that there were no abnormal road conditions or objects on the highway.

- La Verne, CA, USA

Feb 232008

Yaris 4-cyl

Tires are of very poor quality. Were bald after little use. Ended up unable to control my vehicle and involved in accident. Through service checks it was never noted to me of the tire condition and the tires should not of been in the condition they were in. I feel as though it is a defect or poor quality product Toyota is selling on their vehicles.

- Conception Bay South, 00, USA

Dec 262007

The failure was not on my vehicle, but on some 18 wheeler which lost its retread. I hit the retread debree laying in the road, a piece 2-3 feet long. I nearly wrecked 1st trying to avoid it and then when I hit it. It tore up my exhaust pipe which will need repair. I believe these retreads aught to be made illegal since they must be railing at a high rate, just looking at the debree I notice along the side of a typical interstate. Is the cost savings to truckers worth the risk imposed on other drivers and the cost of repair to their vehicles, most of which is absorbed by the victim of this junk. It is particularly dangerous for drivers of small vehicles, which have low ground clearance. I hit this with a Yaris.

- Long Beach, MS, USA