4.4

2008 Toyota Yaris fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Yaris:

2008 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Nov 032014

Yaris

After washing the underside of the car, the cel came on. Five P codes came up on scanner. The dealer told me that water got into the charcoal canister and that I would have to replace it along with other related parts total cost to me $1027.83 which includes nys tax not including labor charge. Toyota has corrected this problem on the newer models but mine was beyond the warranty even though they admit to a defect. Included in the parts list is some sort of water deflector so that this will not happen again. Toyota said that there has not been enough complaints to warrant a recall. I live in upstate New York where salt is used on the roads and it is advisable to wash under the vehicle. Also, it does rain on occasion and water is splashed up under the car. I now have 57000 miles on the car with no chance of passing inspection. I was told that in the event of a recall, I could be entitled to a refund. I think that most people would not bother to lodge a complaint so no chance of a recall.

- Schroon Lake, NY, USA

Apr 072015

Yaris

I was driving to work one morning and my car stopped out of nowhere and it wouldn't start again. I called a tow truck to take it to a repair center just to find that I had no gas eventhough the dash indicated I still had a little less than half a tank of gas. I was informed that I could either buy a new gas tank which would cost a lot or keep track if the miles and fill the gas tank accordingly. I was about to get on the freeway if this would if happened there it could of caused a major accident. I was also told at the repair center that this is common in Yaris after doing some research and going on to forums myself I found many Yaris owners have gone through this.

- Castroville, CA, USA