2009 Toyota Yaris fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Yaris:

2009 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Yaris 4-cyl

The Toyota Yaris has a drive-by-wire system that results in a delayed response of about two to three seconds when the accelerator pedal is applied. I have a 2009 model, but have been informed by a friend who has a 2011 Yaris that the same issue is present. The delayed accelerator response is not only unnerving, it is dangerous in a parking situation. I called Toyota corporate customer relations, who referred me to a dealer. I spoke to two service managers in portland, or who both indicated this problem can only be repared with a software patch, which is not available.

- Portland, OR, USA

May 282009

I was behind another vehicle on a ramp leading from one roadway to another and now realize that I had experienced unintended acceleration as I was slowly following the vehicle in front of me on this uphill ramp and my vehicle lunged forward striking the other vehicle. This vehicle was a loaner from galaxy Toyota, eatontown, NJ., a 2009 Yaris. It was towed back to Toyota.

- Staten Island, NY, USA