2009 Toyota Yaris miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Yaris:

2009 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Jan 032011

Yaris 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Yaris. Consumer states that state farm is illegally removing the 5 star crash rating given by government agencies on his Toyota Yaris

- Warren, MI, USA

Jun 242010

I was driving at the regular speed limit and when the car in front of me was stopping to make a left hand turn. I stepped on my brake and the car would not stop. I was practically standing on the brake pedal and the car would not stop and I hit the car in front of me. The airbags deployed. I remember that a policeman told me to put on the emergency brake because the car was still sliding. I know I tried to stop and the car wouldn't stop. Based on their reports of Toyota's sticking accelerator, I thought this should be reported and investigated. I just came home last week. I broke 4 ribs in the accident and the car is totaled. I was in rehabilitation for 2 1/2 weeks. I would like to see this accident investigated. I have a clean driving record and I believe there may have been some type of mechanical issue that would not let me stop the car. The insurance salvage garage is holding the car for 60 days at our request so the car could be inspected.

- Toms River, NJ, USA