7.7

2010 Toyota Yaris fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Yaris:

2010 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Feb 202010

Yaris

I was driving a 2010 Toyota Yaris rental car from hertz. The vehicle had difficulty starting, so I jump started it from another vehicle. It ran a bit rough for a few minutes, so I let it warm up. I put it into drive and proceeded to drive home. The car refused to accelerate beyond 1,000 RPM in drive. The maximum speed I was able to achieve was 10 mph (down hill). I shut off the car and started it again (after letting it idle for 10 minutes). The "check engine" light was on, but in park - the car could be revved to 2,000 RPM (max). That is with my foot on the floor. There were no floor mats in the vehicle. I pulled the car over - parked it and called hertz to come pick it up. I am not sure if the Yaris is being recalled, but NHTSA should take a look at this model as well.

- Washington, MI, USA