2009 Volkswagen CC seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen CC:

2009 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 012016

CC

Takata recall I am uncomfortable and feel unsafe driving my car. I have called VW even month and the tell me they are working on the problem and are not authorizing rental cars. They have told me that the car is perfectly safe driving. I have checked with dealers like Honda, BMW, Mercedes, all of which have concerned customer in loaner or rental cars. I have repeatedly asked for VW to accommidate me and they have refused.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 302016

CC

Takata recall: I am reading that people are being injured and dying, and the news says to stop driving the car. The dealership has no resolution. There is no time-line for a repair. I used your live chat and was told I could ask for a rental. The dealership said that no rental will be provided, it was up to me to take the risk to drive the car.

- Carmel, CA, USA

Apr 082016

CC 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 08/30/16 updated 09/07/16.

- Capitola, CA, USA

May 032016

CC

Takata recall this issue was reported on 2/9/16. Three months has passed and no solution has been provided. I refuse to drive around in a car not fit for the road. Every day that passes there could be an 11th or 12th death. This is a scary experience. I plan to initiate a law suit against Volkswagen for putting me in harms way and not resolving my issue in a timely fashion. I just want to be safe when I travel, not worry about my car being safe enough to drive.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Apr 272016

CC

Takata recall with no repair yet available. For how long do I drive around with a deadly car?

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 272016

CC

The contact owns a 2009 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Marlton, NJ, USA

Jul 012014

CC

Takata recall / I would like this problem resolved. My daughter is driving this vehicle. I do not fell that she safe in this car. I just bought this in June of 2014 I was not told of this problem at that time and I know they knew about this. Please advise me of what to do in this case before anything happens

- Stony Brook, NY, USA

Aug 012015

CC

Takata recall - clock spring airbag malfunction. My 2009 Cc is not included in the recall however I am experiencing the same issues as the 2010 Cc owners vehicle. The airbag light is on and steering wheel functions are not working. I took my vehicle to the volkswagon dealer and they diagnosed the clock spring issue same issue as the recall in model year 2010. If my vehicle has the same malfunction then it should be covered via the recall. The airbag malfunction is a serious safety issue and Volkswagen should take precautions to prevent harm to owners of their vehicles

- Florissant, MO, USA

Nov 112013

CC

The contact owns a 2009 Volkswagen Cc. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred on numberous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that the passenger seat pod sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Nov 282013

CC 4-cyl

2009 Volkswagen Cc. Consumer writes in regards to air bag igniter failure. The consumer stated the onboard computer signaled a problem with the driver's air bag. The vehicle was immediately taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed as an internal failure in the driver's air bag igniter and recommended replacing the faulty device.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jun 102011

CC

Issue happened after incident in August 2011 and progressively became worse. Steering wheel will lose electrical power to controls (I.e. stereo controls) and causes airbag warning light to come on and horn will not function at all. Dealer looked into issue and found that the clockspring needed replacement. Clockspring replaced in steering wheel and airbag issue has been resolved but steering wheel control issue still remains along with not having a working horn. VW usa had no known fix for this issue as al wiring is in working order. Dealership requested vehicle be brought back in for a further look.

- Howell, NJ, USA