2001 Volkswagen Jetta suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Jetta:

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Aug 222003

Jetta 4-cyl

A defect with my right rear wheel bearing was detected over two weeks ago. It is faulty. My car has 32000 miles on it. I contacted the dealer for its replacement. The dealer diagnosed the problem, and said it should be covered under the powertrain warranty. However, he later came back and said Volkswagen would not cover it. I have an extended warranty, but I am being asked to pay the deductible. The customer service agent at Volkswagen (I called the company directly) said they would "not offer any goodwill in this case". I know this is a defective part, yet VW is refusing to take 100% care of it. It is a safety issue and needs to be replaced immediately.

- Bellevue, WA, USA