$3,000.00

2004 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 272015

Jetta JGS 3.2L

Since I bought the car I had been having problems with it. First the check engine came on. They replace many parts on it but they couldn't figure out the problem. Then they replace the transmission but still didn't work. The car was at the mechanics for over a year and he couldn't figure out what was wrong. He rewired it and many more items were replaced. I moved it to another mechanic, same thing, they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

After almost 2 years of being at the mechanic they called me to take it home. I was driving it on the expressway and it caught fire. Really, this car was a lemon from the beginning. Earlier in the year I complained about the car to Volkswagon but they never responded. I am out almost $10,000 dollars and now I have to pay almost $300.00 to take it out cause it was towed. I called the towing company and told them to keep it. Why would I want it. It is totally burned. I think this has to be looked into. Volkswagen should be made accountable for selling lemons to the public. It is a miracle that lives were not lost in this fire.

- , Donna, TX, USA