4.0

1. melted the switch back together (1 reports)
2000 Volkswagen Passat electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Passat:

2000 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Sep 182008

Passat 1.8L Turbo

So one night I am sitting in my car and I go to turn on the overhead light and the damn switch just breaks on me! I hear a snap and the thing falls to the floor. WTH? So I take the thing apart and it's actually super glued together. That's how it came from the factory? Super glued? Wow, VW you sure do spend a lot of money making your vehicles. So I look for super glue but of course I don't have any so I just melted the stupid thing together with a lighter and now it won't ever fall off, HAHA. Stupid VWs. Never buying another German car every again.

- , Andrews AFB, MD, USA