8.0

2002 Volkswagen Passat fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat:

2002 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Mar 222013

Passat LS V6

In cold weather, the gas sprays out of the tank line while filling when it gets about 1/2 full. It is messy, scary, inconvenient, and dangerous. I smell like gas the rest of the day. In warm weather its not a problem, but it happened once last year (which I thought was a fluke) and now all winter when its cold I cannot fill it more than halfway. Even when I don't when I pull out the fuel nozzle I hear air escaping.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA