3.5

2013 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Passat:

2013 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 082016

Passat

Nothing happened yet, my concern is that why is it taking so long for these parts to come in, what happens if me or my son get in accident, I dont think this matter is been taking serious, and I think it should. So tell me what I should do, I dont want a car if can kill me or my son. And I have seen where some people have died from these airbags. I dont want to one of those people.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 072016

Passat

Adblue heater failure. Not covered under premier extended warranty.

- Mount Vernon, WA, USA

Jun 252016

Passat

At 61,794 the amble heater failed.. it is part of the emissions system and VW wants $1200 to repair. Without it being fixed, the car will not smog check. From investigating, this is a part that has been faulty on VW tdi's that is causing much frustration with owners.

- Orange, CA, USA

Dec 012015

Passat

Airbag light is on. Control on steering wheel doesn't work.

- Freeport, NY, USA

Sep 242016

Passat

I am the owner of a 2013 VW Passat tdi. My car has about 35000 miles and has been outside of the warranty period for about 4 months. A few weeks back I noticed the engine light of the vehicle comes on and off, and last week I took the car to the VW dealer for a service where I was advised by the dealer that the ad blue heater component needed to be replaced and the cost including the parts and labor would be around a $1000 I then did some research and learned this is a common problem with the VW tdi models where the same component goes bad around 40000 miles or 4 years. I called the VW customer service and explained the issue I was facing and sought help to replace the part, and I was told by the VW customer service since the car was out of the warranty period, VW will not help and I had to pay the expense out of pocket. This is yet another problem with the VW tdi model on top of all other safety and environment issues these models have and VW refuses to take ownership of the problem. The Volkswagen emissions scandal and all other safety and environmental issues are bad enough, and now VW is not taking ownership of the weak components used in the tdi models and expect the consumer to take the heavy burden of paying to fix these problems. I feel the government agencies need to step in and help the consumer against companies like this and force them to fix the problem.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Oct 012016

Passat

I just had the dealer refill adblue and soon after I get the check engine light indicating a faulty sensor in the ad blue tank. This vehicle is part of the recall for the emissions issue.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 222016

Passat

I was driving to work when the cel came on. I had it scanned a few days later and found that the issue was related to the adblue heater. Vehicle performance was not affected during driving. After some internet research it was found that this is a common problem in certain model years of this vehicle. As it is, if the fluid in this system gets too cold it could freeze and cause the emission system to not function properly and eventually disable the vehicle altogether.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Sep 062016

Passat

Adblue heater element failure was covered until July now not part of emissions or switch failure NHTSA #16V171000 90degrees should not have been

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Jun 012016

Passat

The A/C of this vehicle would not turn on until the engine heated up to 190 degrees. I only had 40K miles when the A/C system would not work to standard. An air conditioning system recover, evacuate and recharge needed to be completed, the expansion valve and drier needed to be replaced..

- Spring, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Passat

Ad blue emissions sensor fault, part of the emissions problems with the VW diesels. As of now VW is saying this part of the emissions system will not be covered under the reimbursement. It is my understanding that VW emissions system has many faults including this one. Cost is over $1500 for this fix!

- Lexington, KY, USA

Aug 032016

Passat

Check engine light is activated on 8/1/16. Scheduled to diagnose on 8/3/16. Adblue heater has quit and quote to repair is $1165. Why is this not covered under emissions warranty" the point of adblue is reduced emissions. Now, if it gets too cold, my car won't start because it detects that it cannot effectively control emissions" air quality, at last check of confined space entry permits, is a safety issue.

- Florence, KY, USA

Jul 122016

Passat

The A/C does not work during the first five minutes in the morning. After that works correctly during the day.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jul 132016

Passat

I received a recall letter warning of serious injury of death in April 2016 and no action has been taken 3 months later.

- Falmouth, ME, USA

Jul 052016

Passat

Diesel exhaust fluid system failed causing no start situation. Cars less than three years old and is already being recalled for emissions cheating. Don't have the 1100$ to spend on a car that is being bought back in a couple months. Stuck at the house luckly or a tow would have been needed. Also the dealer most often can use a vag-com scanner to reset this and the car will work, but there just telling people they "need" the heater and sometimes I've heard the whole tank which of course is a lie. The heater isn't what goes bad it's a thermistor type sensor that tells the car the temp of the fluid. When this fails it gives the computer bad info and results in a shutdown of the system. Which can be reset, and often works. I can't afford a vag-com software setup at 800$ either so we are stuck and very upset! VW slapped us in the face twice now with faulty emmision components.

- Frostproof, FL, USA

Apr 292016

Passat

Check engine light came on 2013 tdi Passat. Car just out of warranty @ 41000miles. Took to dealer. Adblue heater element "burned up." Caused damage to adblue control module. Common problem with this car (all over web). $1200 to repair. Called VW advocate. They covered entire cost of repair

- Ofallon, IL, USA

Nov 012015

Passat

In cold weather, when depressed, the clutch pedal makes a loud clicking sound. Annoying, but doesn't seem to be safety-threatening.

- Chagrin Falls, OH, USA

Jan 012016

Passat

In low temperatures, doors often will not unlock. It has happened a few times while being inside the car. Possible serious hazard after an accident.

- Chagrin Falls, OH, USA

Aug 012013

Passat

"510" nav system back up camera is useless. Put car in reverse, back out of garage -still no camera, it turns on when already down driveway. This is a commom complaint (see internet) the company will do nothing to address this expensive but useless toy as the nav system is also useless because of complexity. Cell phone is my Navigator of choice. Knowing now what I know I would not have bought this model. This system is basically a useless add on and an embarrassment to VW.

- Moraga, CA, USA

Feb 272016

Passat

On February 27th, 2016 night, after getting into the car, I could not open the door from inside on the driver's side. If there was an accident or fire in the car, I would not be able to get out. I bought the car in 2013, and it is only 24,000 miles now. The company should investigate this safety issue seriously.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Feb 032016

Passat

Something is causing the heater core to clog and that reduces the defrosters ability to work and therefore reduces visibility under certain scenarios. Such as rain or high cabin humidity. The tsb to replace the heater core does not solve the root cause since the heater core fails again after some time.

- Tecate, CA, USA