- November 27: Volvo Leaking Sunroof Lawsuit Alleges Drain Tubes Clog news | 9 days ago
- November 18: Volvo Wins Motion to Dismiss XC90 T8 Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- November 10: Volvo Recalls 74,000 Vehicles to Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 26 days ago
- September 29: Volvo Recalls Cars and SUVs to Fix Drain Hoses recalls | 68 days ago
2004 Volvo XC90
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The XC90 took its “freshman 15” of transmission complaints and turned it into a “sophomore 45.” The 2004 XC90 saw 3X as many complaints about the transmission failing as it did in its inaugural North American model year! By the following year, transmission complaints fell back in line with the 2003. That sharp spike in complaints means we recommend avoiding the 2004.
On top of transmission complaints, the 2004 XC90 also has problems with a sudden loss of power. The lucky ones are met with a “reduced engine performance” message, while others are left stranded on the side of the road waiting for a tow.
Worst 2004 XC90 accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- floor board carpet continues to come out1
- radio display blank1
- NHTSA: Equipment4
- NHTSA: Child Seat1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting1
- NHTSA: Seats1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Seat Heater/Cooler1
- NHTSA: Seats: Mid/Rear Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Volvo XC90 Model Years
Curious how the 2004 XC90 compares to other years?
Check out our Volvo XC90 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the XC90.