- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 18 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 24 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 34 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 38 days ago
Ford Recall 18C04: Incorrect Brake Fluid Cap/FMVSS 135
2018 Ford EcoSport
Owners could be confused by the incorrect label on the brake fluid cap, potentially causing them to replace the brake fluid with an incorrect fluid which could affect brake performance, increasing the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Ecosport vehicles sold in the United States Federal Territiories. These vehicles were shipped with the European brake reservoir pictogram cap label and the European English language owner's manual kits. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake fluid cap and owner's manual kit, free of charge. The recall began on June 21, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C04.
Click a tab for more information.