- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 28 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 30 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 32 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 35 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 36 days ago
Ford Recall 18C04: Incorrect Brake Fluid Cap/FMVSS 135
2018 Ford EcoSport
Owners could be confused by the incorrect label on the brake fluid cap, potentially causing them to replace the brake fluid with an incorrect fluid which could affect brake performance, increasing the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Ecosport vehicles sold in the United States Federal Territiories. These vehicles were shipped with the European brake reservoir pictogram cap label and the European English language owner's manual kits. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake fluid cap and owner's manual kit, free of charge. The recall began on June 21, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C04.
Click a tab for more information.