- October 16: Ford Ranger Recall: HVAC Blower Motor Fire Risk recalls | 0 days ago
- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 1 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 12 days ago
Ford Recall 18S24: Charge Cord May Overheat Causing Fire
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
An overheated cord can increase the risk of a fire.
Equipment — Electrical
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 120V Convenience charge cords that were supplied with and sold for use with 2013-2015 Ford C-Max Energi and Fusion Energi vehicles and 2012-2015 Ford Focus Electric vehicles. Cords with part numbers FM58-10B706-AA, FM58-10B706-AB, FM58-10B706-AC, FM58-10B706-AD, FM58-10B706-AE and FM58-10B706-AF were manufactured without thermistors, and during vehicle charging, increased resistance in the house's outlet or wiring can cause the cord to overheat and melt.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the current cord with a new 120V convenience cord with a thermistor, free of charge. The recall began January 18, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S24.
Click a tab for more information.