- May 25: Ford Bronco Seat Belt Problems Cause Recall of 175,000 Broncos recalls | 1 days ago
- May 19: Ford and Lincoln Backup Camera Recall Failed recalls | 7 days ago
- May 17: Ford Truck Steering Wheel Clock Spring Recall to Begin recalls | 9 days ago
- May 12: Ford Recalls 2.3L RWD, 3.3L Gas, 3.3L FHEV and 3.0L ST Explorers recalls | 14 days ago
- May 11: Ford Recalls Explorer Police Interceptor Utility SUVs recalls | 15 days ago
A/C Blows Hot Air
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 112,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
AC / heater problem
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2000 Windstar problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
The heater works fine, but the air conditioner doesn't work. We are older and need the air conditioning to help us breathe. Four years ago I took it to a private mechanic who told me it was probably the compressor and wanted $1,500 to fix it. I walked away. When we took the van in for our inspection this year (2014) at a Ford dealership, I asked to have the AC checked. He said the compressor was fine and that the problem was electrical, but he didn't have time then to fix it.
Since we are on a limited income (we're in our 70's), I haven't gone back yet. This is the second problem we've had that was blamed on the electrical system. Makes me wonder what's next.
- ojp120, Carlisle, PA, US