- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 6 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 20 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 40 days ago
Honda Recall U0H, G0I: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2009 Honda Element
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2010-2012 Acura RL, 2010 Honda Element, and 2010-2013 Honda Ridgeline vehicles ever registered in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or "Zone A." Additionally, Honda is recalling certain 2010 Acura RL, 2010-2011 Honda Element and Honda Ridgeline vehicles ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or "Zone B." If not included in zones A or B above, Honda is recalling certain 2009 Acura RL, Honda Element, and Honda Ridgeline vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag air bag inflators assembled as part of the frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment (such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bags), may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to higher absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began February 16, 2018. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are U0H, and G0I.
- Documents (13)
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Recall Acknowledgement
- DIR 3 - VEHICLE INFORMATION BY ZONE (PSPI-L)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: January 10, 2018 RE: Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2009-2013 Multi-model Honda Passenger’s Airbag Inflator
- News Release
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Acura Service Bulletin 18-003 January 8, 2018 Version 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: January 10, 2018 RE: Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2009-2013 Multi-model Acura Passenger’s Airbag Inflator
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Honda Service Bulletin 18-003 January 10, 2018 Version 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - ACURA
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - HONDA
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: February 16, 2018 RE: MAIL UPDATE-Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2009-2013 Multi-Model Acura Passenger’s Airbag Inflator
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: February 16, 2018 RE: MAIL UPDATE-Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2009-2013 Multi-Model Honda Passenger’s Airbag Inflator
Click a tab for more information.