Faulty Sunroof Drain Tubes

8.7

$1,100

2. extensive service; tubes replaced (1 reports)
2006 Hummer H3 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hummer H3:

2006 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Jul 012014

H3

The drain tube on my moon roof of my 2006 H3 Hummer leaks like crazy on the floor when it rains. I have to put a large cake pan on the floor to catch most of the rain but I also have to put towels under and around the pan to catch the rest, I even also bought Weather Tech floor liners. The carpet still gets wet!!!

My mechanic told me today that he didn't want to follow the drain hose all the way down because it runs down the pillars where the air bags are and he did not want to take a chance of blowing the air bags. He knows the problem is there because he blew a hose filled with smoke in the drain and it came out the pillar.

I love the truck and want to keep it but it would be very costly to fix if the air bags blow!!! GM should have a recall because this problem is all over the internet!!! Not to mention I get soaked if I am driving it when it is raining, then I have to pull over every so often to sop up the water and ring out towels. This is insane!!!

- Linda B., Milwaukee, WI, US

Jul 312014

H3

I cannot drive my Hummer if there is any significant amount of rain or my sunroof leaks due to the faulty drain pipes that are stopped up. I do not know who to take my truck to get it fixed, so I am stuck with only driving my truck in pretty weather.

- Kelly H., Lawrenceburg, KY, US

Apr 252013

H3

The 2006 H3 Hummer was parked in my driveway for a week and we had an unusual amount of rain during that period. I didn't notice my front and rear carpet was soaked on both the driver and passenger side until I took groceries into the house and the bags were all wet. The sunroof had not been used yet this year so we didn't think that could be the problem.

The dealership said the tubes that run from the roof down and drain the water were kinked. Had to take the entire roof interior out, front and rear seats out, all carpet front and back out, down to the metal and dry it. Took five days at the dealership. While the vehicle was in for service, I googled Hummer H3 rain problems and there's a ton of them. Obviously the tubes were not kinked through any fault of my own, you can't even get to them without this much effort. Are there steps to banding together to get GM to enact a recall? I can think of better things to do with $1100.00, that's for sure. Any help out there?

- gchris, Bay City, MI, US