Mazda Recall 8715J: Ignition Switch May Overheat
1995 Mazda 626
If the ignition switch overheats there would be an increased risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Ignition — Switch
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 1989-1998 MPV, 1990-1995 323, 1990-1998 Protege, 1992-1993 MX-3, 1993-1995 929, 1993-1997 MX-6, and 1993-1998 626 vehicles. In the affected vehicles, grease applied to the contact points inside the ignition switch may become conductive and overheat.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ignition switch, free of charge. The recall began on December 17, 2015. Owners may contact Mazda Customer Experience Center at 1-800-222-5500, option#6. Mazda's number for this recall is 8715J.
- Documents (17)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Reimbursement Plan
- Defect Notice 573 Report Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 19, 2015 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 8715J – Electrical Thermal Base Failure of Ignition Switch
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall 8715J – Electrical Terminal Base of Ignition Switch Can Overheat Frequently Asked Questions Updated October 26, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DECEMBER 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.