6.0

1. replace windshield (2 reports)
2018 Mazda CX-5 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Mazda CX-5:

2018 Mazda CX-5 Owner Comments

May 132018

CX-5 Grand Touring 2.5

It's disappointing for a new car windshield to crack so easily. I hope this was a fluke and not indicative of the quality of all Mazda windshields.

- g8rmike, Jacksonville, FL, US

May 302018

CX-5 GT 2.5L

click to see larger images

cracked windshield cracked windshield cracked windshield cracked windshield cracked windshield

So on May 30th afternoon as I was coming home, my car which is just about 4 months and 2 weeks old and 9,420 km had finally gotten what I feared the most, a cracked windshield. For the records, I had my Mazda 3 2009 since 2010 and over 300,000 km and still have the original windshield with no crack whatsoever and I drove that very aggressively. Heck, I remember being pounded by big stone and heavy snow falling off trucks and survive it with barely any scratch.

Now with CX 5, no matter how safely I tried driving it like a granny, not going over 3k on rpm and with just about 60-70kmh with a distance of over 100 feet of the car in front of me and a tiny flying stone hit a spot and cracked it badly like an iPhone being drop from waist down. I just don't know what to say. Just trying to keep calm.

A DAMN TINY STONE hit and made that much damage to it. Makes me wonder if this would have happened on the regular highway speed, it would probably shatter my whole windshield.

I know that from the previous CX 5 generation, this was one of the main problems but wasn't expecting the 2nd generation would still have the same weakness of glass. So I would advice who are purchasing this new model of CX 5 2018, to make sure you have a comprehensive coverage, especially for the windshield. You will regret it if you don't. From what I heard, this would cost more than $1000.00 CDN to replace it completely because of the HUD from the tech package requires specific windshield and the front defrosting for winter.

- Ghost W., Brampton, ON, Canada

Dec 272018

CX-5 GT 2.5L

The thing is, the chuck of glass was where the windshield deicer is. It know longer works.

- Mike J.,