8.7

$3,675.00

1. new engine (1 reports)
  3. replaced alternator (1 reports)
2005 Mazda Tribute engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mazda Tribute:

2005 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Feb 042016

Tribute S V6

Driving in the highway at 60, a slight hill, car lost power, when pressing the gas pedal it did not go over 45 - I decided to exit the parkway. Car stayed at 40, it is sluggish and I'm afraid of driving it. No codes come on. This makes it difficult to diagnose. I have spend $200 but they can't find the problem. If anyone had this happen to them please share the fix up.

I would like to be part of a lawsuit. Count me in.

- , Yonkers, NY, USA

Apr 072015

Tribute

I BOUGHT MY 2005 MAZDA TRIBUTE NEW AND HAD ALWAYS BABIED IT...ALL OIL CHANGES, NEW TIRES, NEW BRAKES, ETC...DRIVING DOWN THE INTERSTATE AFTER OUT-PATIENT SURGERY IN A NEIGHBORING STATE WHEN THE CAR GAVE A LITTLE "POP" AND TOTALLY DIED IN THE PASSING LANE AT 75MPH. WE WERE ABLE TO GET TO THE RIGHT SHOULDER SAFELY BUT HAD TO HAVE THE VEHICLE TOWED AS THE ENGINE IS TOTALLY SEIZED. I KNOW IT WAS 10 YEARS OLD BUT HAD EXTREMELY LOW MILEAGE AND HAD NEVER EVEN BEEN OFF ROAD!

OF COURSE MAZDA WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. YOU WILL NEVER, EVER SEE ME DRIVING ANOTHER MAZDA OR FORD PRODUCT! $5000 TO REPLACE ENGINE WITH ONE THAT HAS 10,000 MORE MILES THAN THE ONE THAT JUST SHOT CRAPS AND NO WARRANTY. COLOR ME STUPID ONCE FOR BUYING THE VEHICLE...NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO INVEST MORE MONEY IN A PRODUCT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED BEFORE BEING PUT ON THE MARKET. WENT WITH A JEEP...LOVE IT!

SIGN ME UP FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST MAZDA...ANYONE ELSE?

- , Cheyenne, WY, USA

Jul 082014

Tribute 3.2L V6

This is the third time I am putting in an alternator and I am told that is not normal.

Thank god I wasn't going fast on a major highway or else this could have been worse.

Are there any other complaints about this? Will Mazda look into this? I am very happy with my Mazda other then this.

Please let me know if Mazda will do anything for me.

Thanks