- July 6: Mazda Recalls 270,000 Mazda6, Mazdaspeed6 and MPV Vehicles recalls | 14 days ago
- June 27: Mazda Recalls Its 2018 CX-5 For Airbag Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- May 25: Mazda6 Subframe Corrosion Investigated By Feds investigations | 56 days ago
Mazda Recall 7614E: Loss Of Electric Power Steering Assist
2009 Mazda Tribute
If power steering assist is lost, greater driver effort would be required to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2008-2011 Tribute vehicles manufactured October 5, 2006, through September 11, 2010. The affected vehicles have a steering torque sensor that may not be able to properly detect driver steering input. As a result, the system could remove the Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist.
- Mazda will notify owners and dealers will update the software for the power steering control module (PSCM) and the instrument cluster module, free of charge. If a vehicle shows a history of a loss of the torque sensor signal or fault codes relating to the PSCM when the vehicle is brought in for the recall remedy, the affected components will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began in July 2014. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 7614E.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice(Part 573) Amended
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Other Recall Related Documents- Reimbursement Form
Click a tab for more information.