- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 13 days ago
- September 2: Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 Cars Recalled For Coolant Pumps recalls | 17 days ago
- August 26: Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class SUVs Recalled For Drain Hose Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- August 25: Mercedes-Benz C-Class Recall Issued For Battery Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- August 2: Mercedes-Benz Recalls Vehicles With Active Brake Assist recalls | 48 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2012 Mercedes-Benz C300
An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2012 C300 4Matic, C250, C250 Coupe, C350, C350 Coupe 4Matic, C350 Coupe, C63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, E350 Coupe 4Matic, E350 Cabrio, E350 Coupe, E550 Cabrio, E550 Coupe, GLK350 4Matic, GLK350, SLS AMG Cabrio, and SLS AMG Coupe vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above MBUSA is recalling certain 2009 C300 4Matic, C300, C350 and C63 AMG vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" or "Zone B" above MBUSA is recalling certain 2008 C300 4Matic, C300, and C350 vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front air bags, these inflators may rupture due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag modules, free of charge. Parts are not currently available. Owners were sent an interim notification February 2017. A second notice will be mailed when remedy parts are available. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691
- Documents (9)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report Amendment 1
- Extension Notification Letter - PG6
- Extension Notification Letter - PG7
- Extension Notification Letter - PG5
Click a tab for more information.