- April 17: Mercedes-Benz Sunroof Shattered, Says California Plaintiff news | 9 days ago
- April 10: Mercedes-Benz Recalls C43, C300, C63 and E400 Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
- March 19: Mercedes-Benz Air Conditioner Problems Keep Lawsuit Moving news | 38 days ago
- March 18: Investigation: 2016 Mercedes-Benz Metris Gas Leaks investigations | 39 days ago
- February 20: Mercedes-Benz Possibly Caught Using Emissions 'Defeat Devices' news | 65 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Striker Bolts For Secondary Hood Latch May Loosen
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550
The reduced torque of the striker bolts might lead to a loosening of the bolts. If two of the four bolts securing the striker became loose, the secondary hood latch function would become ineffective. If this problem combines with a failure of the primary hood lock or if the hood is not properly closed, the hood could open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Mercedes-Benz is recalling certain model year 2012 CLS550 and CLS550 4Matic vehicles, manufactured December 01, 2011, through December 13, 2011. The bolts that hold the hood's secondary latch striker may have been insufficiently tightened.
- Mercedes-Benz will notify owners, and dealers will check and retighten the bolts as necessary. Mercedes-Benz notified the owners by phone for this campaign starting on 11/21/2012. Owners may contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.