- November 18: Recall: Mercedes-Benz Instrument Clusters recalls | 10 days ago
- November 6: Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Cars Recalled recalls | 22 days ago
- November 1: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLC Vehicles For Fire Risk recalls | 27 days ago
- October 21: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLC 350e Hybrid Electric Vehicles recalls | 38 days ago
- September 23: Mercedes-Benz Recalls 2020 GLB250 SUVs recalls | 66 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall : Striker Bolts For Secondary Hood Latch May Loosen
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550
The reduced torque of the striker bolts might lead to a loosening of the bolts. If two of the four bolts securing the striker became loose, the secondary hood latch function would become ineffective. If this problem combines with a failure of the primary hood lock or if the hood is not properly closed, the hood could open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Mercedes-Benz is recalling certain model year 2012 CLS550 and CLS550 4Matic vehicles, manufactured December 01, 2011, through December 13, 2011. The bolts that hold the hood's secondary latch striker may have been insufficiently tightened.
- Mercedes-Benz will notify owners, and dealers will check and retighten the bolts as necessary. Mercedes-Benz notified the owners by phone for this campaign starting on 11/21/2012. Owners may contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.