- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 3 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 9 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 19 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 19 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 38 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2017110011: Inadvertent Driver Air Bag Deployment
2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK350
If the driver air bag inadvertently deploys, it can increase the risk of injury and a crash.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling these vehicles: 2014-2018 CLA250, CLA250 4Matic, CLA45 AMG 4Matic, 2015-2018 GLA250, GLA250 4Matic, GLA45 AMG 4Matic, C300 4Matic, C63S AMG, 2012-2014 C250, C350, C300 4Matic, E550 4Matic, 2013-2014 C63 AMG, 2012-2015 C250 Coupe, C350 Coupe, C63 AMG Coupe, 2013-2015 C350 4Matic Coupe, GLK250 4Matic BlueTec, GLK350, GLK350 4Matic, 2016-2017 C350e, C43 AMG, 2015 C400 4Matic, 2016-2018 C63 AMG, GLC300, GLC300 4Matic, 2017-2018 C300 Coupe, C300 4Matic Coupe, C43 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, C63S AMG Coupe, C300 Cabriolet, C300 4Matic Cabriolet, C43 AMG Cabriolet, C63 AMG Cabriolet, C63S AMG Cabriolet, GLC300 4Matic Coupe, GLC43 AMG, GLC43 AMG Coupe, 2014 E350 Coupe, E350 4Matic Coupe, E350 Cabriolet, E400 Hybrid, 2015-2017 E400 Coupe, E400 4Matic Coupe, E400 Cabriolet, 2014-2017 E550 Coupe, E550 Cabriolet, B250e, 2014-2016 E250 BlueTec, E63 AMG 4Matic Wagon, 2012-2013 E350 BlueTec, 2012-2016 E350, E350 4Matic, 2015-2016 E400, E400 4Matic, 2012 E63 AMG, 2014-2015 E250 4Matic BlueTec, 2013-2016 E350 Wagon, 2017 GLC300d 4Matic, and 2018 GLC350e 4Matic. The driver's air bag may unexpectedly deploy due to insufficient grounding of the steering components if an electrostatic discharge occurs and the air bag clockspring is broken.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will add sufficient grounding to the steering components, free of charge. The recall began in December 6, 2017. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 6, 2017 - Recall Campaign Phase 1 Launch Notification 2017110013 (Electric Steering Column)SCM Ground MY15-18 C-Class, GLC-Class (205, 253)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 6, 2017 - Recall Campaign Phase 1 Launch Notification 2017110011 (Manual Steering Column) SCM Ground MY14-18 B-Class Electric, CLA-Class, GLA-Class (242, 117, 156)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) ...
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Recall Campaign Phase 2 Launch Notification 2017120022 (Electric Steering Column)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Recall Campaign Phase 2 Launch Notification 2017120024 (Electric Steering Column)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Recall Campaign Phase 2 Launch Notification 2017110011 (Manual Steering Column)
Click a tab for more information.