- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 0 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 27 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 86 days ago
Mercury Recall 06C12: FMVSS 201/Upper Interior Head Impact
2005 Mercury Mariner
In the event of a vehicle crash, personal injury to occupants may occur.
Seats — Front Assembly — Head Restraint
- Certain sport utility vehicles equipped without side air curtains or moonroofs fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 201, "occupant protection in interior impact." During testing, the free motion head form registered a measurement above the permitted limit at the left hand A-pillar trim area.
- Dealers will make modifications to the energy absorbing material located above the headliner in the affected area free of charge. The recall began on May 19, 2006. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.