ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2010 Mercury Mariner miscellaneous NHTSA complaints: Unknown Or Other

NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2.2

2010 Mercury Mariner miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Mariner:

2010 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Jun 012018

Mariner

I had just gotten off the highway and my wrenc symbol illuminated and the car immediately went into limp mode. I crawled to a safe spot. It was a very dangerous situation. No warning at all

- Revere, MA, USA

Jul 062017

Mariner

Switch for ac wont blow out air. Took it to valoline to add freon.. they said, it was full.. cold worked for 5 days then ac stopped working at hotest time of month... took vehicle back and they stated, it was full still but added more freon to make me happy.. after a few days no ac and I took to a mechanics business. The owner and 4 others stated that the belt is turning maybe they overfilled it.. told me to take it back to valoline and have them take out all freon then put amount back in but not to full. I did, worked for 2 days now again no ac. Blower worked but no ac comes out.. I cant afford anymore visits. Now as of yesterday the blower will only work on number 4. 1 2 3 nothing comes out. Please assist me with this problem.. I have been so happy with this car for 3 years. I take excellent care of everything it needs. First Ford I ever owned... hope its not the last one I own if this doesnt get solved. Thank you for this site. This is my last resort.. I have had it in shop to many times concerning this matter.. denise saftey issue here. I was going to work very foggy and I turned on heater to clear windshild no blower worked on numbers 123 but 4 would.. cant have it running full blast always.. ac if full but wont work with blower on..being hot really makes me cranky and that can cause raod rage safety issue there too. Lol lol please help me...

- New Philadelphia, OH, USA

Jun 222017

Mariner

Car stopped running wrench light came on started motor put it in gear tried to go regular pace car did not go it is very slow no gas peddle turned it off let set for 2 hrs. Started back up runs ok but check eng. Lite came on called dealer

- Crestview, FL, USA

Jan 192016

Mariner

Rear liftgate glass shattered suddenly while opening/closing rear liftgate. Automobile was parked.

- Arlington, VA, USA

May 032014

Mariner

I had two separate occasions of my car stalling in the past three days. On May 1st I was traveling at about 40 mph when my wrench light came on and the car stalled out. Fortunately there was a median right by me and I was able to hurry up and move over before the car came to a complete stop. On May 3rd I was traveling at about 35 mph when the wrench light came on and my car stalled out in middle of the road. This time I was stuck in middle of the road but no one was behind me. I was able to restart the car and continue driving. If this had happened on the main road then there would have been a good chance of an accident occurring and harming me or my children.

- Port Orange, FL, USA