Mercury Recall 19S54: ABS Valve May Remain Open After ABS Event
2010 Mercury Milan
If the valves do not properly close, additional brake pedal travel may be required to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock/Traction Control/Electronic Limited Slip — Control Unit/Module
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2006-2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ vehicles. The valves within the ABS Hydraulic Control Units (HCU) may react with brake fluids containing specific corrosion preventative additives. This reaction may cause the valves to not close properly.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will flush the brake system with DOT 4 fluid and install a new brake fluid reservoir cap. In addition, the HCU will be tested to detect a possible stuck valve condition, replacing the HCU as necessary. All services will be performed free of charge. The recall began April 1, 2021. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S54.
- Documents (6)
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Miscellaneous Document - Notification of Two Recalls
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Advance Notice – Safety Recall 19S54 Certain 2006-2010 Model Year Fusion/Milan/MKZ/Zephyr Vehicles Equipped With Anti-Lock Brake Systems; Anti-Lock Brake System Hydraulic Control Unit Valve Function
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.