2010 Mercury Milan steering problems: steering locked up while driving

Steering Locked Up While Driving

9.2

$1,700.00

2. the whole electrical pannel has to be replaced (2 reports)
  3. traded it in (1 reports)
2010 Mercury Milan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Jun 282017

Milan Premier

The Ford Company knows that there has been a problem with the Power Steering on the 2010 Milans as well as other years and there is a recall on 2011 and up but not on 2010 and it is the same equipment and problem.

They even have class action lawsuits against them for it.

But they refuse to fix my car. It cant even be driven... just sitting in my driveway geez...

I loved my Milan until this started happening.

Come on Ford.... be a great company and fix my car!

- , Augusta, US

Dec 062016

Milan Premium V6

I've been a Ford owner for 3 decades and I can't believe Ford is screwing its customers over this power steering unit failure. This problem was covered for several vehicles ranging from Flex, Fusion, Mariner, Milans and others from 2011 through 2013 but not NOT 2010 Milan and ITS THE SAME UNIT USED!!!! It's all over the internet and FORD know its a problem! I'll be moving on to another brand for the next 3 decades!!

FORD, YOU KNOW THIS IS A PROBLEM...DO THE RIGHT THING AND FIX IT!

If it wasn't so EXPENSIVE I'd be less inclined to complain, but it's over $2000 !!

- , Midlothian, VA, USA

Nov 212016

Milan

As I was driving to work, my service Advancetrac came on, then I lost all ability to steer. I almost wrecked and hit another car. FORD wants $160 dollars just to look at it. The way I see it, this year 2010 should also have a recall. Piece of crap. Can't sell or trade-in.

- , Louisville, KY, US

Jul 232016

Milan Premier

The problem was the power steering locked up with only 77,000 miles on it. I have a 2010 Mercury Milan and the 2011 mercury Milan had the same problem and there was a recall on that one. I think there should be for that years also.

The advance auto track came on while I was driving and once I stopped I could not move the wheel and it said to service the power steering now. I took it in once before two months for the same problem, and they kept it for two days and only charged for service. Now two months later it happened again while I was out of town. I took it to a Midas, but they had to take it into a Ford dealership. They said they had to replace the whole pannel and it was very expensive.

In conclusion, If there was a recall for the same problem for the year later and the same problem is happening on the 2010's there should be a recall for my car and everyone who is having the same problem. The manufacturers of electrical power steering only wanted it to be the 'new years" car. If something works don't fix it.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Aug 282014

Milan 3.2L

I was driving on a main road and the steering went out. The indicator light was on and the dash read automatics Steering failure. I could have been on a major highway in a left lane and driving at 65 mph. I could have been killed as I could not turn the wheel. In order to fix it the dealership wanted $1500.00!

I was worried that it would happen again and without extended warranty something else would go bad so I traded it in for another newer car. Mercury has no recalls on this car for this issue but a Mercury Mariner does!

Read other reviews and apparently I am not the only one. The mechanic said power steering racket is bad.

I only had this car for 11 months! Should be no issues with this car as it is a 2010 year car, I thought!

- , Selinsgrove, PA, USA