- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 0 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 27 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 86 days ago
Mercury Recall 00S23: Ford/Child Safety Seat Anchor Latch
2001 Mercury Sable
The anchor may not hold the child safety seat in position during an accident, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant of the child safety seat.
Seat Belts — Front — Anchorage
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The child safety seat anchor latch (iso-fix anchor) fasteners do not have adequate residual torque. The anchors are secured to the floor pan with a reinforcement plate that has two studs that extend upward through the floor pan and the iso-fix anchor. The sealer on the floor pan could cause a soft joint and, even if the nuts are properly torqued, road vibrations could cause the nut to work its way completely off the stud.
- Dealers will remove and re-install the bracket nut using a torque retention material (red loctite). Owner notification began September 11, 2000. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.