- December 10: Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport Recalled recalls | 43 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 56 days ago
- November 16: Several Companies Settle Car Starter Lawsuits news | 67 days ago
Mitsubishi Preliminary Evaluation PE09056: GASOLINE LEAKS
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Fuel System, Gasoline:Storage:Tank Assembly:Filler Pipe And Cap
- This investigation was opened on December 30, 2009, based on five consumer reports alleging gasoline fuel leaking from the fuel fill pipe.some of the complainants indicated the fuel fill pipe had corroded to the point of being perforated, allowing fuel to leak from the pipe.by letter of February, 24, 2010, and amended March 10, 2010, Mitsubishi motors North America (Mitsubishi) notified the Agency that it will conduct a safety recall of approximately 26,135 subject vehicles.the recalled vehicles were sold or are currently registered in the following "salt belt" states : ct, de, il, in, ia, ky, me, md, MA, mi, mn, mo, nh, NJ, NY, oh, pa, ri, vt, va, wv, wi, and the District of Columbia.Mitsubishi will also include in the recall the following "cold climate" states: Nd, sd, nb, ks, ok, co, wy, mt, id, wa, or, and ut.mitiubishi states that a mixture of mud and road salt can become trapped between a reinforcing bracket and the fill pipe and lead to corrosion of the fill pipe, resulting in leaks during refueling.for subject vehicles not in salt belt or cold states (approximately 28,077), Mitsubishi will extend the warranty of the fuel fill pipe to 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Documents (7)
- WARRANTY EXTENSION LETTER * 02/01/11 * p
- CUSTOMER LETTER * 07/01/11 * p
- MFR RESPONSE EXTENSION - MFRâ€™S EXTENSION REQUEST (2 WEEK EXTENSION GRANTED) REQUESTED ON 02/17/2010. * 02/17/2010 * p
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED * 03/12/10 * p
- IR TO MFR *01/06/10*P
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED *12/30/09*P
- MITSUBISHI 3-3-2010 TO ODI WITH ATTACHMENT
Click a tab for more information.