- September 29: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders and Eclipse Cross SUVs recalls | 78 days ago
- September 25: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlanders With Wrong Wheel Rim Info recalls | 82 days ago
- September 22: Mitsubishi Recalls Outlander, Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport and Eclipse Cross recalls | 85 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-17-004: Passenger Side Front Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (Mitsubishi) is recalling certain 2004-2006 Lancer and Lancer Evolution vehicles and 2004 Lancer Sportback vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with a passenger side frontal air bag that may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which, over time, could cause the inflator to rupture.
- Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator with a different inflator, free of charge. The recall began on October 12, 2017. Owners may contact Mitsubishi customer service at 1-888-648-7820. Mitsubishi's number for this recall is SR-17-001. Note: This recall supersedes recall 15V-321.
- Documents (11)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - PARTS BULLETIN SUBJECT: LANCER PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL AIR BAG INFLATOR − SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN No: LN-IF-01-17 Date: October 2017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - No: SR−17−004 DATE: October 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - ADVANCE TECHNICAL INFORMATION NOTICE
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.