- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 1 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 8 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 31 days ago
Mitsubishi Recall SR-14-006: Power Steering Pressure Tube May Leak
2009 Mitsubishi Outlander
A power steering fluid leak could result in a loss of steering assistance, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Hydraulic Power Assist — Hose, Piping, And Connections
- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (Mitsubishi) is recalling certain model year 2013 Outlander vehicles equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission. Additionally, Mitusbishi is recalling certain 2007-2012 Outlander vehicles that received replacement 6-speed automatic transmissions during servicing. The transmissions in these vehicles have insufficient clearance between the power steering pressure tube and the converter housing of the automatic transmission. As a result of the contact, the power steering pressure tube may develop a hole and leak power steering fluid.
- Mitsubishi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the power steering pressure tube and return tube, free of charge. The recall began in August 2014. Owners may contact Mitsubishi customer service at 1-888-648-7820. Mitsubishi's number for this recall is SR-14-006.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report- 2014-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.