- February 28: Porsche Macan Recall Ordered Due To Fuel Leaks recalls | 33 days ago
- February 8: Porsche Coolant Pipe Lawsuit Includes Panamera and Cayenne news | 53 days ago
Porsche Recall AKA3: Fuel Leak After Crash
2019 Porsche 718 Boxster
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline
- Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain 2017-2019 718 Boxster, 718 Boxster S, 718 Cayman and 718 Cayman S vehicles and 2018-2019 718 Boxster GTS and 2018-2019 718 Cayman GTS vehicles. In the event of a crash, a crossmember may detach from the luggage compartment bracket, possibly causing a fuel leak.
- Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will secure the crossmember with additional rivets, free of charge. The recall began April 19, 2019. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AKA3.
- Documents (9)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- Spanish
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - AKA3 Stop Sale - Reworking luggage compartment bracket dated 2-15-19 through 8-21-19.
Click a tab for more information.