ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2007 Saturn Sky (Page 5 of 10)

2007 Saturn Sky seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Sky:

2007 Saturn Sky Owner Comments (Page 5 of 10)

Sep 152015

Sky

The passenger side airbag sensor failed in my 2007 Saturn Sky. The car has approximately 27K miles and failed when my 7 year old son sat in the seat as we were getting ready to leave on errands. The cost to fix the sensor is prohibitively expensive and is occuring more and more frequently in this family of cars. This causes the airbag not to function with a passenger in the car. In the event of a wreck the airbag not deploying could cause the fatality of the passenger.

- Eureka, CA, USA

Sep 182015

Sky

The passenger air bag sign says off can not reset,

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Sep 252014

Sky

Passenger side airbag indicator does not detect person sitting in passenger seat. My guess is that it has a faulty sensor.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 182015

Sky

Passenger airbag does not respond to whether someone is sitting in the seat and the airbag light is on on dash.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Sep 132015

Sky

Service air bag warning appears on dash with no passenger in the vehicle. The warning appears every time I start the car. When a passenger is in the vehicle the passenger air bag indicator always reads "off".

- Wyoming, MN, USA

Oct 152014

Sky

Car indicated that the air bags were not functioning

- Port Huron, MI, USA

Aug 192015

Sky

Passenger side air bag seat sensor defective

- Manalapan, NJ, USA

Dec 122014

Sky

The airbag sensor shuts off. Used to be periodic but now appears to be permanently off. Started happening right after recall repaired on the ignition switch.

- Cherokee Village, AR, USA

Jun 012015

Sky

The passenger presence sensor has failed in my vehicle. Any passenger in the car faces added risk if an accident were to occur. It is prohibitively costly (my estimate from the dealership is $800) to do this repair. Given the frequency of this identical failure across this vehicle platform, I find it to be a manufacturer's defect and request their assistance.

- Williston, FL, USA

Aug 022015

Sky

Air bag light on all the time passenger seat sensor defective

- Cornwall, TX, USA

Jul 092015

Sky

Just driving out of parking lot and service airbag light illuminated. It appears as though a very significant number of other Pontiac solstice and Saturn Sky owners share this problem and it is apparently a $1000 fix for a known design defect. This should be a recall.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Jun 152010

Sky

Service air bag warning appeared on dash with no passenger in the vehicle while driving down the highway. The warning appears every time I start the car. When a passenger is in the vehicle the passenger air bag indicator always reads "off".

- Lumberton, NC, USA

Jun 252015

Sky

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Sky. Immediately after starting the vehicle, the air bar light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the air bag module was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 102014

Sky

Car states air bag passenger not working. No one will help

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Jun 252014

Sky

Passenger presence system (pps) sensor failed

- Webster, NY, USA

Apr 082015

Sky

Initial incident occurred while I had a passenger in the front right seat driving at 35 mph. Three beeps from and a 'service air bag' warning message displayed on my dash. After stopping and shutting off my car, the warning did not appear when I started it again. Exactly two weeks later, the same thing happened again when riding with a passenger, but this time the warning did not go away after restarting my vehicle. Now, the warning comes up every time I start my vehicle. This is a known issue with Saturn Sky and Pontiac solstice models. As it relates to passenger safety, should immediately be recalled.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Mar 032015

Sky

Service airbag light is on. This is a known problem with other Sky owners. I have not heard about a recall from GM, even though GM has recalls for the same part on other models.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

May 212015

Sky

Passenger seat occupancy sensor failed. It is a known issue with these cars and GM has done nothing about it.

- Brownstown, MI, USA

Apr 152015

Sky

The sensor in the passenger seat failed, giving an airbag warning indicator light. Nobody was in the seat and it was not being used at the time of the failure. This is the second 2007 GM vehicle I had that failed at around the 40,000 mile mark for the same part. The passenger seat sensor is defective. I've read about many Saturn Sky and Pontiac solstice owners having the exact same problem. Dealer refuses to repair as vehicle is out of warranty by months, not miles.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

May 012015

Sky

I was pulling out of my driveway when I noticed the warning light to "service airbags" I went to the dealer who said it is not a recall so far. They wanted $110 just to check for the problem, but did not include labor if needed. This is a safety issue and should be a recall free to owners!!

- Downey, CA, USA