Scion Preliminary Evaluation PE05021: SUN/MOON ROOF WIND DEFLECTOR BREAKAGE
2005 Scion tC
SUN/MOON ROOF WIND DEFLECTOR BREAKAGE
Visibility:Sun/Moon Roof Assembly
- The manufacturer states that there are no indications of deficiencies in the design, manufacture, or assembly of the wind deflector that may account for the incidents reported.the manufacturer also believes that impact of airborne road debris with the wind deflector is the probable cause for the incidents reported.ODI's analyses of the warranty data indicate that incidents of wind deflector breakage while driving will continue to occur over time, as the population and on-road exposure of the subject vehicles increase.the evidence indicates that regardless of the cause for such breakage, the broken glass particles and fragments may fall directly onto the front seat occupants of these vehicles.these occurrences may pose a risk of driver distraction and personal injury.this PE has been upgraded to an engineering analysis (EA05-013) to further assess this matter.
- Documents (7)
- TOYOTA 7/1/2005 LETTER TO ODI, RECEIVED IN ODI 7/5/2005
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED (TOYOTA) SUN/MOON ROOF WIND DEFLECTOR BREAKAGE -L.S. * 08/26/05 * P
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED TOYOTA DUN/MOON ROOF WIND DEFLECTOR BREAK -L. Strickland * 4/28/05 * P
- TOYOTA 7/15/2005 LETTER TO ODI WITH ATTACHMENT, RECEIVED IN ODI 7/15/2005
- MFR RESPONSE EXTENSTION TOYOTA -T.C. * 7/15/05 * P
- MEMO 7/1/2005 TO TIS, OND CD, TOYOTA 7/1/2005 ATTACHMENT 1, 3, & 5
- IR TO MFR TOYOTA MOTOR N.A. -L.STRICKLAND * 5/12/05 * P
Click a tab for more information.