- January 15: Scion FR-S Valve Spring Recall Leads To Lawsuit recalls | 9 days ago
- November 23: Takata Airbag Settlements Reached in Canada news | 62 days ago
- November 1: Subaru Valve Spring Recall Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 84 days ago
Scion Recall J0U: Brake Hose May Rupture Causing Loss Of Braking
2016 Scion tC
Failure of a brake hose will reduce braking performance and increase the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain Toyota Racing Development (TRD) brake kits, part numbers PTR09-21111 and PTR09-52080, sold by Toyota as an optional accessory for model year 2008-2015 Scion xB, and 2011-2016 Scion tC vehicles. Over time, the brake hoses in these kits may fatigue and fail.
- Toyota will notify all known owners of the Scion xB and Scion tC vehicles upon which an involved optional TRD Brake Kit could have been installed. If the vehicle is equipped with one of the TRD brake kits, it will be replaced with a standard equipment brake kit, free of charge. The recall began November 16, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0U.
Click a tab for more information.