- October 26: Subaru Fuel Pump Lawsuit Alleges Pumps Fail news | 30 days ago
- September 9: Subaru Acceleration Lawsuit Names Forester, Legacy, Outback news | 77 days ago
Subaru Recall WUV-07: Incorrect Measurement Of Hydraulic Fluid Pressure
2019 Subaru Ascent
If the fluid pressure is measured higher than its actual value, the hydraulic pressure will be reduced. If this occurs, the transmission drive chain may not have the proper tension, resulting in a loss of drive power and an increased risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is recalling certain 2019 Ascent vehicles. The transmission hydraulic sensor may inaccurately measure the hydraulic fluid pressure.
- Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the transmission control unit. The hydraulic sensor harness will be replaced on vehicles with certain stored diagnostic trouble codes. In addition, any vehicle confirmed to have experienced low drive chain tension will have the transmission assembly will be replaced. All repairs will be free of charge. The recall began January 31, 2020. Owners may contact Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614. Subaru's number for this recall is WUV-07.
- Documents (6)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- New STOP SALE/Safety Recall: WUV-07– CVT Chain Slip Recall
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Owner Notification Schedule: Recalls WUV07 & WUW08 and Service Campaign WUU06
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.