2009 Subaru Impreza seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2009 Subaru Impreza seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Subaru Impreza:

2009 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Dec 122016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Subaru Impreza. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) was received in May. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Dec 162016

Impreza

Takata recall - I am very disappointed with how Subaru is handling my recall repair. I made an appointment with bay ridge Subaru in brooklyn NY on 11/21/16 to have the work done to replace my airbag on 12/19/16, they took my vehicle make, model and VIN and assured me they had the part in stock and were holding it for this apt. I even received an email confirming this information. I received a call on 12/16 saying they didn't have the part and that my appointment had no vehicle information in it. The service manager I spoke with told me that I should take the car to where I purchased it for recall repairs. I'm highly disappointed. Not only have lost out on the full use of my vehicle since the recall was announced 6 months ago, this episode has reduced my confidence in Subaru's commitment to correcting this problem.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 112016

Impreza 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Subaru Impreza. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags) was received in July. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Oct 172016

Impreza

Takata recall - it has been over 4 months since the airbag in my car was recalled. It is very disappointing that parts are still not available, and that the manufacturer still cannot proved an eta for parts.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 192016

Impreza

Takata recall notice arrive in June. Remedy not available and now in mid September still not available. Vehicle is reportedly unsafe for passengers - and no indication exists of when remedy will occur. In meantime, Subaru has offered no rental car alternative or other compensation for inconvenience.

- Fairbanks, AK, USA

Apr 052015

Impreza 4-cyl

Front end collision, vehicle totaled. Seat belt failure. Brake failure. Airbags failed to deploy. Multiple injuries sustained.

- Arlington Heights, IL, USA