2014 Subaru Impreza fuel system NHTSA complaints: Fuel/Propulsion System

NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

8.0

2014 Subaru Impreza fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Subaru Impreza:

2014 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Nov 052015

Impreza

About 6-8 months ago as I was making a turn I pressed the brake pedal and instead of slowing down the engine throttled up. And after a few moments went back to normal. Two weeks ago as I pressed the brake pedal while coming to a stop sign the engine throttled up and I had difficulty coming to a stop. I put the car in park and turned it off. When I started it again the engine immediately went to high throttle to the point that the front of the car started vibrating. I turned it off again and restarted it and this time it was ok. I took the car into the Subaru dealership. Their mechanic ran the diagnostics and was unable to pin point the problem. They decided to call the Subaru technical department and were told to not let me drive the car until their engineer took a look at the problem. This was a week ago and I have not been able to find out what they have found.

- Oakland, CA, USA