7.0

$530

2. replace with aftermarket clutch (1 reports)
2017 Subaru WRX clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru WRX:

2017 Subaru WRX Owner Comments

Dec 062017

WRX 2.0L Turbo

Exedy makes the OEM clutch. Upgrade to Stage 1 clutch from Exedy is 150 more (525 w/ shipping). This is my 9th clutch car (Z28, firebird (big block), challenger, Rx7, VW golf, 3000gt, jeep 4x4, laser). Clutch burning smell started early in life (8800) (was hoping for 100K). Nursed it along to 10,000. My driving nature is performance but not abusive. For such a nice sportscar, having clutch smell wafting through the cabin is unacceptable.

Researched these cars before buying. Due to the nature of the AWD, knew that the clutch may be the weak point. Did the work myself as there is no point in replacing an inadequate clutch with another one. I have had several of my cars over 100k with no clutch issues so this was disappointing but not unexpected based on what others had reported.

Dealer price point is too high for another weak clutch so didn't pursue warranty. Stock clutch is "soft" to make the nature of the car easier for the everyday and first time driver to handle but should have been more robust for this engine and drive train. 2500 miles on stage1 replacement. Pedal is slightly harder, friction zone is shorter, but grip is much better!

Rallysportdirect 2009-2014 WRX clutches (fits 2015,16,17,18)

- Jim S., Warren, US

Jul 162017

WRX WRX 2.0L

Well, purchased in January of 2017. NEW..sent it off to dealership. called to tell him what happened and asked if it would be covered under warranty. Only 4,500 miles on car. He said immediately, no if it was abused. Really??? Guess who is pissed. Now I'm in fight mode and I don't want to hear anything but "it is covered". Have read A LOT of complaints about the clutch in this vehicle. Would have never purchased if I thought this was an issue! I drive a 22 year old BMW M3 and not replaced the clutch yet. So, its not my driving!! Will update after speaking to dealership today.

- Diane M., Ramsey, US