- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 10 days ago
- November 26: Volvo Recalls Vehicles With Incorrect GPS Data recalls | 16 days ago
- November 1: Volvo Sunroof Lawsuit Deserves Class-Action Certification: Owners news | 41 days ago
Volvo Recall R241: Component Support Member
2011 Volvo S40
The crack could have an effect on the front structure and may reduce the crash performance of the vehicle.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Volvo is recalling certain model year 2011 S40 passenger vehicles. A crack on the top side of the passenger side support member in the engine compartment may have developed during the forming process in component production.
- Dealers will inspect for cracks on the top side of the passenger side support member in the engine compartment. If no crack is found, no further action is needed. If the inspection reveals that a vehicle has a crack in the side support member, the vehicle will immediately be taken out of service. A new replacement vehicle of equal specification will be provided by Volvo. The safety recall is expected to begin on or before April 15, 2011. Owners may contact Volvo customer care center at 1-800-458-1552, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.M. to 5:00 P.M. est. Or E-mail at email@example.com.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.