2006 BMW 325 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 012016

Passenger restraint system malfunction. There's a recall for the same make and model of my car but for some reason "my VIN" doesn't fall into the recall.

- Sparta, MI, USA

Jun 182008

Faulty front passenger seat sensor mat always breaks

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 292016

Air bag seat sensor failure. I would like to add my entry to the long list of BMW 325 owners that should have been covered by the front seat occupant protection mat defect recall (see NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000), but apparently are not. According to BMW, my car was made a month before I.e. Nov 2005, the recall date parameters, which stared in Dec 2005. This involves a faulty passenger occupancy sensor malfunction that disables the airbags in 2006 E90 BMW 3 series sedan. BMW recalled previous years sensors but has not fixed the issue in later models. There are plenty of folks affected by this: See ntsb, please address this asap! and thanks!

- Cabin John, MD, USA

Apr 202016

Passenger restraint system malfunction. My VIN was not included in the recall but error is showing. According to tbe NHTSA data base under vehicle description (make model and year) theres an open recall for my model.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jan 012006

Takata recall. The passenger seat's airbag/weight sensor on our 2006 325I has gone out repeatedly (we're on the 4th or 5th replacement.) it happens when the car is in motion and then the sensor light comes on to alert us that something is wrong and stays on until it's replaced. However, it usually goes out again within 18 months or so. I am usually sitting in the seat when this happens which is very unsafe. I can't remember the exact date of the first malfunction, but we hadn't owned the car very long; it was still under warranty. We have the sports seats which from my reading seem to be part of the problem. I would like to make sure that our car was not overlooked in the recalls. It never stays fixed for long and I don't want to find out that it should have been recalled when I'm lying in a hospital bed, or worse. Seems like more than a coincidence...

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Nov 232015

The passenger seatbelt/airbag warning light was on and off from time to time after around four years of my purchase in 2005. The problem might have existed earlier; however, as my vehicle usually did not carry any passengers, I did not notice the problem within the warranty period. Recently, the light would not even go away. My mechanic informed me about the recall number 13V564000, stating the "owners of model year 2006-2007 3 series with standard seat... will receive an extended warranty on their front passenger seat occupant detection mat." I have contact BMW, but they said the recall and the extended warranty would not be applicable to my vehicle.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 012015

My BMW does not fall into the recall that BMW published. After several lights appeared in my dash (airbag, brake, seatbelt) I had the disnostic tool looked up and received a fault code 93C3 seat occupancy detector, passenger. Looking on the web this seems to be a common problem.

- Rockingham, NC, USA

Sep 032015

I recently purchased a used 2006 BMW 325I with the intentions of letting my daughter drive it, due to the high safety ratings of these automobiles. I called the dealership about some issues with the transmission, and some warning lights on the dash indicating a problem with the seatbelts and airbags. When I inquired about the warning lights, the service writer of the dealership in meridian ms told me that it sounds like the seat mat was faulty. Later I googled info about the seat mat, and I came across a link that shows my should have been recalled due to this issue. I called the dealership back and was told there was no recall for this car. I called nhtsc and left a message about my inquiry, and I was called back promptly by Mr. Nate hayes. After I explained the situation to Mr. Hayes, he did some checking and found that although some 2006 325I's weren't recalled (the ones with manual seats) mine however should've been recalled due to having the electrically adjusted sports seats. Mr. Hayes instructed me to call the dealership to see if maybe this work had already been done on my vehicle. Upon calling the dealership back, I was told that it hadn't been done, because my vehicle wasn't in the recall. After questioning him more about it, he told me that he was able to find that BMW has extended the warranty on my car to 15 years with no mileage limitations, if that is what was wrong with my car, but if not, I would be charged for the repair. What concerns me about this, is the fact that BMW was mandated by the nhtsc to recall a certain list of automobiles to prevent injury, rather than wait to see if problems occur later that could result in injury and/or death. I don't know if others that should have been recalled were put off by BMW or not, but this could have some deadly consequences.

- Heidelberg, MS, USA

Jun 232015

A faulty passenger occupancy airbag sensor warning light has been repeatedly appearing. Own research suggests that as a result of this fault the passenger airbag may not deploy in a crash. This problem seems to be extremely common to bmws from around this time and a non-deploying airbag would pose a life-threatening safety risk. BMW has as yet apparently refused to issue a recall.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 012014

The airbag and seatbelt lights came on my car when a passenger was in the front seat and we went over a dip in the road.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 012014

Airbag light illuminated on the dashboard. Manufacturer was informed but noted that the VIN doesn't fall within the range of the recall. Manufacturer didn't authorize the repair ($700 estimate). Recall 13V-564 is specifically for BMW/325I/2006/sport seat/airbag – my exact car and exactly the issue I'm experiencing. There are hundreds of BMW/325I/2006/airbag complaints. BMW customer relations refuse to help…

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 042014

325 6-cyl

Passenger seat pad sensor failed and says air bag will not deploy. Even though there is a recall notice for this model, yr and mode of failure, the dealer reports that my vehicle was made 1 week before the recall affected vehicles. Is this true and could there have been an exception for 1 week" repair shop indicates this is an identical failure mode to recalled vehicles and seat pad will need replacement. Seems to be too big of a coincidence to not also be related"

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Apr 132011

325 6-cyl

The air bag light came on and I called BMW customer relations. They told me to take it to a BMW dealer to have the front seat occupant protection mat replaced under an extended warranty (NHTSA campaign number 13V564000). The BMW dealer in scottsdale said it isn't listed as a recall item and they want $180 just to perform a check to see if there is a problem, which is ridiculous there should be no fee at all to fix such an important safety item (airbag).

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Nov 272014

BMW 2006 325I taken to mechanic due to passenger occupancy seat mat sensor failure associated with recall of same model year BMW. Airbag light illuminated on dash and airbag off light sensor illuminated even when passenger seat was occupied. Manufacturer was notified, but said the VIN did not fall within the range of the recall. Did not authorize repair on the vehicle due to $700 estimated repair cost. Clearly this is an issue with the BMW 2006 325I as apparent with the number of complaints associated with this issue.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Apr 262012

325 6-cyl

BMW recall 2006 13V564000 was issued in November of 2013 to recall the front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if and how the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash because it may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure. My vehicle, a 2006 BMW 325xi with was not included in the recall. However, this exact problem occurred to me in April of 2012. The front passenger seat mat failed (cracked) and would not allow the air bag to deploy. The service team at towne BMW in williamsville, NY stated "we have seen a lot of these" at that time. I believe my vehicle should be included in the recall. It seems odd that this recall would be issued to a select number of vehicles that were affected when additional vehicles, including mine, were affected by the same manufacturer's defect.

- Ooltewah, TN, USA

Dec 012013

325 6-cyl

The passenger side airbag light has come on notifying that the airbag is disabled. There are recalls on the same model/year BMW as mine but my particular VIN is not included. I spoke to a BMW rep who said the recall could be based on the particular seats and not necessarily the VIN. But she told me it only applies to the sport seats and not the standard seats which I have. According to my research online, the problem seems to be with a seat mat sensor which was faulty. Also, the NHTSA has a complaint already listed under 08V384000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 012014

325 6-cyl

Passenger air bag warning lights comes on and off sporadically. This will cause air bags not to inflate in event of an accident. BMW issued recall for defective seat mats/sensor but they say my vehicle not covered by the recall and replacement is $1000. It is same defective seat mat as on other 2006 325I cars and should be included in recall.

- Bonsall, CA, USA

Nov 132013

325 6-cyl

I received a recall notice from BMW in January 2014 (recall campaign number 13V-564: Front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat). The recall notice states that in the current condition, the vehicle is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. The recall notice states that the parts needed to perform the repair are scheduled to be available in March 2014. It is now May 6, 2014 and BMW customer relations has indicated that the parts are still not available and they are unable to provide an estimate on when they will be. It has now been nearly 5 months since receiving the original recall notice. During this time I essentially have a vehicle that is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. BMW does not appear to be taking this issue seriously and providing a prompt resolution to this problem. I have placed repeated calls into BMW customer relations and continue to be informed that nothing can be done until the required parts are made available. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

- Woodinville, WA, USA

Dec 302013

325 6-cyl

I am writing to you to address a current NHTSA safety recall affecting my vehicle (and presumably many similar vehicles). I currently own a 06 BMW 325I 4dr and have recently experienced a front passenger seat detection mat malfunction. This sensor malfunction affects the deployment of the front passenger seat airbag in the event of a collision. The error codes my vehicle is displaying are the same as those addressed in the NHTSA safety recall campaign number 13V564000, dated 13 Nov 2013. The NHTSA recall indicated BMW is recalling 06-07 3-series equipped with seat types that may produce similar errors due to cracking that develops with age. This cracking is true in my vehicle and has been verified by local mechanics. In Dec 2013, I consulted my local BMW dealership to determine if my vehicle was covered under the NHTSA safety recall. I was informed by the dealer that my vehicle was covered* under any current recalls and included no extended warranties. I informed the dealer that an NHTSA safety recall currently addresses my vehicle's problems; however, it did not seem to be their problem. In Jan 2014, I contacted BMW na to address the same issue. I was informed that an NHTSA recall did affect current 06 325I vehicles, however, their recall only affects owners of vehicles with "sport" seats. They informed me while, my vehicle is experiencing similar issues, BMW na did not plan to recall non-sport seat sensors. Frankly, I find it ridiculous that other vehicles with the same year, make, and model are experiencing the exact same malfunctions and errors as my vehicle. In the end, my front passenger airbag will not deploy in the event of a collision for the same malfunctioning seat sensor, yet, BMW has turned a blind eye to myself and I presume a large number of owners with this same problem.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Jan 102014

Front seat occupant protection mat.

- Washington, DC, USA