2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 16)

Aug 032015

325

My 2006 BMW 325I has dashboard warning lights that continue to come up after much time & effort has been spent to get them fixed. The airbag warning light, the seat belt warning light, & the flat tire monitor warning light have caused much stress & frustration due to the issues not being addressed after multiple attempts with the dealership as well as other independent companies. I am worried that if an accident does occur that my safety will be in great danger & this is something that every car owner understands. I am at a loss at this point & do not want to continue to spend countless dollars when the ends do not justify the mean.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Sep 032015

325

I recently purchased a used 2006 BMW 325I with the intentions of letting my daughter drive it, due to the high safety ratings of these automobiles. I called the dealership about some issues with the transmission, and some warning lights on the dash indicating a problem with the seatbelts and airbags. When I inquired about the warning lights, the service writer of the dealership in meridian ms told me that it sounds like the seat mat was faulty. Later I googled info about the seat mat, and I came across a link that shows my should have been recalled due to this issue. I called the dealership back and was told there was no recall for this car. I called nhtsc and left a message about my inquiry, and I was called back promptly by Mr. Nate hayes. After I explained the situation to Mr. Hayes, he did some checking and found that although some 2006 325I's weren't recalled (the ones with manual seats) mine however should've been recalled due to having the electrically adjusted sports seats. Mr. Hayes instructed me to call the dealership to see if maybe this work had already been done on my vehicle. Upon calling the dealership back, I was told that it hadn't been done, because my vehicle wasn't in the recall. After questioning him more about it, he told me that he was able to find that BMW has extended the warranty on my car to 15 years with no mileage limitations, if that is what was wrong with my car, but if not, I would be charged for the repair. What concerns me about this, is the fact that BMW was mandated by the nhtsc to recall a certain list of automobiles to prevent injury, rather than wait to see if problems occur later that could result in injury and/or death. I don't know if others that should have been recalled were put off by BMW or not, but this could have some deadly consequences.

- Heidelberg, MS, USA

Jul 012015

325

I started the car and got a 'personal restraint system failure' message. I've checked message boards for BMW and apparently this is something they issued a recall for a few years back but now it shows 'no recall' when I type in my VIN. According to the message boards, others with the same message were told initially by BMW that this wasn't a recall but when pushed were told it was and it was fixed. I'm wondering about getting something about these recalls from your Agency before going to argue with the BMW dealership?

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Jun 232015

325

A faulty passenger occupancy airbag sensor warning light has been repeatedly appearing. Own research suggests that as a result of this fault the passenger airbag may not deploy in a crash. This problem seems to be extremely common to bmws from around this time and a non-deploying airbag would pose a life-threatening safety risk. BMW has as yet apparently refused to issue a recall.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 142014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bronx, NY, USA

May 152014

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 8/19/15

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Jun 012015

325

Hello, my airbag fault light has been on for a few months now. Although most cars made by BMW during this year have a airbag recall, my car is not part of it and I am concerned about the safety of airbags in this car. I would like to confirm from the manufacturer that the airbags in my car are not actually faulty.

- Forest Hill, MD, USA

May 122014

325

Driver side air bag notification light began immediately after passenger side air bag mat was replaced by dealer. Because there was no recall for the driver side air bag, the dealer said it was not covered under the recall.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 012014

325

The airbag and seatbelt lights came on my car when a passenger was in the front seat and we went over a dip in the road.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 012014

325

Airbag light illuminated on the dashboard. Manufacturer was informed but noted that the VIN doesn't fall within the range of the recall. Manufacturer didn't authorize the repair ($700 estimate). Recall 13V-564 is specifically for BMW/325I/2006/sport seat/airbag – my exact car and exactly the issue I'm experiencing. There are hundreds of BMW/325I/2006/airbag complaints. BMW customer relations refuse to help…

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 302015

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated while driving approximately 35 mph, the front passenger side air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who informed that front passenger's side air bag code needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired for most recent failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 142,000.

- Dagsboro, DE, USA

Jan 012014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the passenger side air bag would not activate when the passenger seat was occupied. The dealer advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The contact was concerned that, in the event of a crash, the air bags would possibly not deploy. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Mar 042014

325 6-cyl

Passenger seat pad sensor failed and says air bag will not deploy. Even though there is a recall notice for this model, yr and mode of failure, the dealer reports that my vehicle was made 1 week before the recall affected vehicles. Is this true and could there have been an exception for 1 week" repair shop indicates this is an identical failure mode to recalled vehicles and seat pad will need replacement. Seems to be too big of a coincidence to not also be related"

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 292011

325 6-cyl

The passenger airbag light comes on when someone is sitting in the seat. Sometimes it comes on when there is no one in the seat. This has been going on for the four years I have owned the car and BMW says there is no recall or can fix it. I have read on the internet other people with the exact same problem and have said there was a recall and have had the sensor looked at. This is a safety issue and needs attention.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Apr 042015

325 4WD 6-cyl

Passenger airbag warning system keeps coming on. It is not working properly.

- Kenmore, WA, USA

Apr 132011

325 6-cyl

The air bag light came on and I called BMW customer relations. They told me to take it to a BMW dealer to have the front seat occupant protection mat replaced under an extended warranty (NHTSA campaign number 13V564000). The BMW dealer in scottsdale said it isn't listed as a recall item and they want $180 just to perform a check to see if there is a problem, which is ridiculous there should be no fee at all to fix such an important safety item (airbag).

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 202015

325

My air bag and seatbelt light is on since the above date, but was informed by the company that no recalls was issued for my car. What should I do?,

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Mar 122015

325 6-cyl

The air bag light came on and I called BMW customer relations. They told me to take it to a BMW dealer to have the front seat occupant protection mat replaced under an extended warranty (NHTSA campaign number 13V564000). The BMW dealer in long beach said it isn't listed as a recall item and they want $180 just to perform a check to see if there is a problem, which is ridiculous.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Dec 102014

325

Was notified about recall for my car. When I called I was told there were no part to service my problem and added to waiting list. I am still being told they do not have the parts to service recall and it has been almost 3 months!

- Venice, FL, USA

Nov 272014

325

BMW 2006 325I taken to mechanic due to passenger occupancy seat mat sensor failure associated with recall of same model year BMW. Airbag light illuminated on dash and airbag off light sensor illuminated even when passenger seat was occupied. Manufacturer was notified, but said the VIN did not fall within the range of the recall. Did not authorize repair on the vehicle due to $700 estimated repair cost. Clearly this is an issue with the BMW 2006 325I as apparent with the number of complaints associated with this issue.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA