2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 16)

Jun 182013

325 6-cyl

My vehicle appears to be part of recall on mat sensor for passenger side air bags defect, but when I called dealer they said my VIN # not in recall.. however, I have had a warning message that my passenger side airbag and or my seat belt tensioner were malfunctioning since last June, 2013.. warning is still present, so I figure my car must be one that is in fact effected and should be in the recall.. please advise.

- Woodbury, NY, USA

Apr 012013

325 6-cyl

Passenger seat warning light turns on stating to put seat belt on when no one is seated there. The passenger seats are almost never used. Warning message reads malfunction is occurring and air bag is not working properly.

- La Mirada, CA, USA

May 282014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed the air bag passenger side seat module was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offered any assistance since the vehicle was not included in recall NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 96,000.

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Nov 282013

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag light continuously illuminated with and without a person occupying the seat. The contact mentioned that the passenger side air bag would not deploy in the event of an accident. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 149,000 and the current mileage was 151,100. Updated 8/14/14 updated 8/26/2014

- Walnut, CA, USA

Mar 032014

325 6-cyl

My airbag light and seatbelt light were on right after I purchased the car I called BMW and they said there is a recall on that problem but my VIN # was not included in it. If they know about the problem why don't they fix it.

- Scottsbluff, NE, USA

Dec 012013

325 6-cyl

The passenger side airbag light has come on notifying that the airbag is disabled. There are recalls on the same model/year BMW as mine but my particular VIN is not included. I spoke to a BMW rep who said the recall could be based on the particular seats and not necessarily the VIN. But she told me it only applies to the sport seats and not the standard seats which I have. According to my research online, the problem seems to be with a seat mat sensor which was faulty. Also, the NHTSA has a complaint already listed under 08V384000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 012014

325 6-cyl

Passenger air bag warning lights comes on and off sporadically. This will cause air bags not to inflate in event of an accident. BMW issued recall for defective seat mats/sensor but they say my vehicle not covered by the recall and replacement is $1000. It is same defective seat mat as on other 2006 325I cars and should be included in recall.

- Bonsall, CA, USA

Mar 012013

325 6-cyl

Passenger airbag warning and the seatbelt warning light is coming up when a passenger is in the vehicle.

- Moorpark, CA, USA

May 162014

325 6-cyl

The idrive control panel is showing an alert that the passenger airbag has failed. I contacted BMW customer service and they say my VIN is not included in NHTSA campaign number 13V564000 (air bags) even though the description of the problem matches my problem exactly. I have a 2006 BMW 325xi with standard seats and according to 13V564000 I should be eligible for coverage under the extended warranty. BMW is telling me I am responsible for the repairs.

- Crystal Lake, IL, USA

May 062014

325 6-cyl

I am an owner of 2006 BMW 330I sedan with sports seat (manufacture date: 5/2005). Recently, the passenger airbag sensor became malfunction, and the passenger side airbag is indicated as 'passenger airbag off' as the result. After researching on NHTSA website, I noticed that this is a known issue, and BMW is issuing a recall on affected vehicles. However, in further reviewing the related documents on the NHTSA website, although BMW has recalled 2006 330I sedan with sport seats, the manufacture date of the affected vehicles that are included in the recall are from Dec 2005 to Sept 2006, and because of this, it excludes my vehicle. With other complaints listed, it is clear that the same issue has impacted a lot of owners of 2006 330I sedan with sport seat prior to the manufacture date that BMW has specified on the recall. Due to this reason, the recall should have been considered to include earlier manufacture date of the model considered this is not an isolated issue.

- San Bruno, CA, USA

May 042014

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 95,000. Updated 9/4/14

- Marlborough, CT, USA

Dec 112013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325 I. the contact stated that the air bag warning light, navigational system, and the overhead console lights illuminated independently. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number 13V564000 (air bags). The contact called the dealer and was advised not to drive the vehicle and that the parts needed to complete the recall repair were not available. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Jan 062013

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the air bag warning light continued to illuminate intermittently even when the front passenger seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to a repair shop more than once but the failure was not able to replicated or diagnosed. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Valejo, CA, USA

Nov 132013

325 6-cyl

I received a recall notice from BMW in January 2014 (recall campaign number 13V-564: Front passenger air bag seat occupancy sensor mat). The recall notice states that in the current condition, the vehicle is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. The recall notice states that the parts needed to perform the repair are scheduled to be available in March 2014. It is now May 6, 2014 and BMW customer relations has indicated that the parts are still not available and they are unable to provide an estimate on when they will be. It has now been nearly 5 months since receiving the original recall notice. During this time I essentially have a vehicle that is unsafe to drive with a passenger in the front passenger seat. BMW does not appear to be taking this issue seriously and providing a prompt resolution to this problem. I have placed repeated calls into BMW customer relations and continue to be informed that nothing can be done until the required parts are made available. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

- Woodinville, WA, USA

May 022014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the air bag sensor would remain illuminated. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags) but had experienced the same failure as listed in the recall. The vehicle was to be inspected, diagnosed and repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 112000. Updated 08/12/14

- Carmel, IN, USA

Apr 282014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the front passenger's side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure occurred when an occupant was present in the front passenger's seat. Additionally, the seat belt warning indicator illuminated. There was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags), however the VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 106,500.

- New Bruns, NJ, USA

Jun 122013

325 6-cyl

Several months ago I noticed that by airbag disabled light flickering on and off while driving. At this same time the overhead light passenger airbag disabled would flicker off and on. Since then it is currently on the whole time, even if someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Thus my passenger airbag will not deploy even if I am in an accident. I read this recall and assumed that my car would be covered under the recall since the recall lists my make, model and year as being covered. However, the when I called my dealership they said that my VIN is not covered under the recall. So I do not understand why the recall lists my make, model and year as being covered (plus I have the exact faults listed as to why this recall is occurring) but the dealership is telling me that their records show I am not covered. I do not believe BMW is being honest about all the cars that are affected by this recall.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Dec 182013

325 6-cyl

BMW 2006 325I. Driver's and/or front passenger's airbags malfunctioning light in red I have contacted performance BMW(919-942-3191) in chapel hill, nc who states my vehicle is not part of this recall. I have asked the service person that I spoke with (monica) to help with contacting BMW and they refused, stating they did have the phone number. I would like to ask that BMW usa please include my vehicle in the recall due to the safety that is involved with the possibility of the air bags not deploying if the vehicle were to be hit or involved in an accident. NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 component(s): Air bags potential number of units affected: 76,565 manufacturer: BMW of North America, llc

- Cary, NC, USA

Sep 022013

325

The passenger seat pad is defective in my 2006 BMW 325I. It has been diagnosed by the dealer as defective. In December of 2013 BMW recalled 76K of these pads for my make/model/year, but excluded my VIN as a result of a NHTSA investigation. I am requesting an explanation of how BMW was allowed to exclude my VIN when the recall is obviously more widespread. Please check your records for a copy of the December 2013 recall or reference the below link: Recall subject : front seat occupant protection mat report receipt date: Nov 12, 2013 NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 component(s): Air bags potential number of units affected: 76,565 manufacturer: BMW of North America, llc summary: BMW of North America llc (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2006 325I, 325xi, 330I, 330xi sedans and 325xi sports wagons, model year 2007 328I, 328xi, 335I, 335xi sedans and 328I and 328xi sports wagons, model year 2006-2007 525I, 525xi, 530I, 530xi, 550I sedans and 530xi sports wagons, model year 2006 760I sedans, model year 2006-2007 750I, 750li, and 760li sedans, and model year 2006 X5 sports activity vehicles, equipped with certain seat types. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if and how the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure. Consequence: Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury. Remedy: BMW will notify owners with an interim notification letter in January 2014 since parts are not currently available. When parts are available, anticipated to be in March 2014, BMW will send a second letter and dealers will repair the occupant detection mat to eliminate the possibility that it may crack, free of charge.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Apr 072014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the seatbelt and air bag warning lights illuminated continuously while driving for an extended period of time. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who reset the seatbelt sensor but the failure recurred. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 13V564000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Missouri City, TX, USA