2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 8 of 16)

Mar 052014

325 6-cyl

My airbag indicator came on in early March so I made an appointment with the dealer. After being diagnosed as a passenger airbag issue requiring a new sensor pad under the passenger seat (at significant cost) I searched and found that there is an existing recall around this exact issue that my car apparently did not qualify for due to the manufacture date being 2/05-11/05 and my car being built in 1/06. After speaking to BMW North America I was informed there is an extended warranty that should cover my model with manufacturer dates of 12/05 - 9/06. I have yet to be notified of whether my vehicle qualifies, but because it was a safety issue I had to undertake the costly repair without the benefit of the extended warranty despite BMW's definitive knowledge of the exact same issue.

- Hopkinton, MA, USA

Dec 302013

325 6-cyl

I am writing to you to address a current NHTSA safety recall affecting my vehicle (and presumably many similar vehicles). I currently own a 06 BMW 325I 4dr and have recently experienced a front passenger seat detection mat malfunction. This sensor malfunction affects the deployment of the front passenger seat airbag in the event of a collision. The error codes my vehicle is displaying are the same as those addressed in the NHTSA safety recall campaign number 13V564000, dated 13 Nov 2013. The NHTSA recall indicated BMW is recalling 06-07 3-series equipped with seat types that may produce similar errors due to cracking that develops with age. This cracking is true in my vehicle and has been verified by local mechanics. In Dec 2013, I consulted my local BMW dealership to determine if my vehicle was covered under the NHTSA safety recall. I was informed by the dealer that my vehicle was covered* under any current recalls and included no extended warranties. I informed the dealer that an NHTSA safety recall currently addresses my vehicle's problems; however, it did not seem to be their problem. In Jan 2014, I contacted BMW na to address the same issue. I was informed that an NHTSA recall did affect current 06 325I vehicles, however, their recall only affects owners of vehicles with "sport" seats. They informed me while, my vehicle is experiencing similar issues, BMW na did not plan to recall non-sport seat sensors. Frankly, I find it ridiculous that other vehicles with the same year, make, and model are experiencing the exact same malfunctions and errors as my vehicle. In the end, my front passenger airbag will not deploy in the event of a collision for the same malfunctioning seat sensor, yet, BMW has turned a blind eye to myself and I presume a large number of owners with this same problem.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Mar 252014

325 6-cyl

Airbag and seatbelt sensor comes on and off randomly. Appears to be a sensor or connection error.

- Shenandoah , VA, USA

Jan 012014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was sporadically illuminated. In addition, the passenger's side air bag would not activate when the passenger's seat was occupied. The dealer advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The contact was concerned that in the even of a crash, the air bags would possibly not deploy. The manufacture confirmed that the vehicle was not included in the recall and declined to provide additional assistance to the contact. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 78,000.

- Halethorpe, MD, USA

Oct 152013

325 6-cyl

Fault light for air bag & seatbelt on dash lghted, had scan done it shows a faulty passenger seat sensor I am concerned because the air bag for the passenger is not working.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Mar 102011

325

BMW refusing to provide recall service id # 13V564 for 2006 air bag light indicator while my car is showing the same failure mode as described in the BMW air bag recall notice :- NHTSA campaign id number : 13V564 manufacturer : BMW of North America, llc make / model years : BMW / 2006-2007 subject : front seat occupant protection mat

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jan 222014

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 3 series. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V564000 (air bags) however, the contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall due to the unavailability of the part. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and they were not able to provide an expected date for the part to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 05/19/14 the consumer stated the first time the warning light illuminated was in 2009. The dealer and manufacturer refused acknowledge a safety issue. Passengers have not been permitted to ride in the front seating area. Updated 05/28/2014

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Mar 162014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated while driving approximately 10 mph, the air bag warning indicator remained illuminated until the engine was turned off. In addition, the front passenger's air bag off indicator illuminated. There was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 08V384000 (air bags). The VIN was not included and the vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Fallston, MD, USA

Dec 112013

325 6-cyl

On the day of December 11, 2013 I began to encounter my passenger airbag sensor go off and on intermittently. As I write this today the sensor is always on. I now drive with questionable passenger safety on the daily.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Mar 102014

325 6-cyl

Regarding to a BMW recall for the passenger seat sensor issue, I have the same problem for my BMW 325I from 2006, but they said it is not covered in the recall. I had the same problem with my car. The passenger seat sensor failed out of the sudden. Should BMW cover this or do I have to pay the replacement out of my own pocket?

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Oct 122012

325

Recall subject: Front seat occupant protection mat NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 component(s): Air bags I went to the local BMW shop to have them check why my airbag warning light was on. They checked a list of some sort in their system and they told me that my car (a 2006 BMW 325I) should be recalled and brought in to have the passenger side airbag. They advised me to contact BMW North America regarding a possible recall for my BMW. I contacted BMW of North America llc and they asked me if I was the original owner and I informed them that I was the second owner and had not bought the car from a BMW dealership. They said that is why I had not received a recall notice for my car. They advised me to contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to help obtain a recall notice. Information from a published source states that a consequence of the defect is, should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury. I need and ask for your assistance in obtaining a recall letter from BMW. Thank you,

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Feb 142014

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated when she turned on the ignition, the passenger's side air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Rensselaer, IN, USA

Sep 232013

325 6-cyl

The front passenger airbag warning showed up. Took to the shop they charged me $1200 to replace the front passenger seat sensor mat. I see that there is a recall issued by BMW to fix this in 2006 3 series. I want to get my refund for the repairs which I have already got done.

- Union City, CA, USA

Feb 062014

325 6-cyl

Passenger restraint malfunction error indicator on. Known problem for several years, but only 200,000 cars recalled. More reported each year but if VIN is not on list then owner is expected to pay for repairs for a known acknowledge problem.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 012013

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact was driving 60 mph when the sensor on mat illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and the contact was advised that the mat sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and informed the contact that his vehicle was not included in recall NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags). The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jan 102014

325

Front seat occupant protection mat.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 102014

325

Front seat occupant protection mat.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 292014

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325xi. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated as the engine was started. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure but was unable to remedy the defect. The failure mileage was 114,000. The consumer stated the issued was resolved. Updated 04/09/14

- Kenstore, VA, USA

Feb 052014

325 6-cyl

I contacted BMW because there was a recall on 2006 BMW 325xi for a faulty met sensor for passenger airbags. My vehicle is experiencing the same problem but they are telling me it is not part of the recall. I just purchased the vehicle in February of 2013 and have no records of recalls from the previous owner. Please advise if this is part of the current recall...updated 04/07/14

- Kents Store, VA, USA

Nov 032011

325 6-cyl

Air bag warning light started to come on with no apparent cause. I took the car to the dealer, and was told that the mat in the passenger seat had failed and needed to be replaced, and that it was a safety issue. Cost was over $1,100 plus tax. I now see that there is a recall for 2006 325xi models with sport seats -- my car does not have sport seats, but had the exact same problem. I believe that all models should be included in the recall.

- St. Paul, MN, USA