CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

6.0

1. fix a hose (1 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Cruze cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Nov 172014

Cruze LT 3.2L V6

I have been informing Mike Anderson Chevrolet of issues with my cooling system ever since my warranty. Now that my car is not warranted anymore they are finding all of these things that cost a lot of money. I feel as though the problem was there all along because I kept complaining about it and they kept telling me everything was fine.

- , Portage, IN, USA

Apr 072013

Cruze LX 1.5L

Just found this. The leak is not bad yet but my wife is taking it to the dealership tomorrow. It looks like it is leaking from under the pulley system around the engine block. God I hope it is not the engine. It's a nice car but I have friends whose Cruze are doing similar things. Did Chevy research the build specs at all before assembling these cars?

- , Lakewood, CO, USA