Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

2011 Chevrolet Cruze lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 102015

I was injured in accident.... hit a stationary vehicle.... there's significant damage to my airbags did not deploy... I am suffering from a severe cervical strain, severe neck sprain with inflation causing severe headaches, a severe upper and lower back sprain with inflammation casing pressure on my sciatic nerve... I cannot lift, bend, stand, sit, lie down for long periods of time, I even have to have help just too bathe.. I believe that had deployed... my injuries were not have been so severe.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Dec 042013

Cruze 4-cyl

Vehicle shutdown while driving on highway, several times. The car electric turns off and or flashes, stabiltrak lights come on and flashes, check engine flashing, car completely shuts down, steering is electronic or motor powered and is hard to use, transmission jerks before shutdown and breaks don't work very well. Ran over curb and off the road to avoid colliding with other vehicles. Picture, im driving on a highway at night doing 65 or so, all power goes out, its dark, other cars can not see me well, they are swerving and im swerving. This happened first around 20K and has happened on several occasions after. No corrections offered by GM under warranty, complaints were completely ignored, until murdock Chevy in manhattan ks. They are currently trying to get it fixed and gave me a loner car, all other servicing dealers refused a loaner car, and told me its fixed each time. Car still has the problems listed and no solution is given from GM or Chevy to fix this deadly situation. Also damage to the car from an engine overheat or dashboard overheat at the same time damaging electric, windshield, radio, gauges and dash compartment lever. Extreme heat, burning smell inside. Floorboard by the feet melts carpet and burns feet, all at the same time, on drives of 30 minutes or more.

- Junction City, KS, USA

Aug 092014

My car keeps shutting off while im driving it.. it is now not even turning on at this point. I try to start it and wont turnover. Last week while driving down the highway at speed 35-40, my radio and A/C turned off, then the car began to slow down, then shut off in the middle of the highway. I want to add how extremely dangerous this is for me (7 months pregnant, and 2 little girls in car). I tried scheduling an appointment several times for the electrical recall and have been scheduled far out.

- Sugarland , TX, USA