CarComplaints.com Notes: There are serious power steering concerns for the Traverse. Data shows that owners are having a difficult time with their power steering quitting, particularly at low speeds.

2010 Chevrolet Traverse seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

2010 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the third-row seat driver and passenger side seat belt retractors failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the seat belt retractors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 104,000. The VIN was not available.

- Albany, NY, USA

Jun 272014

Traverse

I have a Chevy Traverse 2010 and the drivers rear seat belt will not stay locked. They send me a recall for the seat bell for the passenger seat but the seat bell is working very good, I took the SUV to the dealer and I told them about the problem but they told me I have to pay 200 but I think this is a recall because my car has a clean record no car accident.

- Pacoima, CA, USA

Apr 242015

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated while driving approximately 30 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the front passenger's side seat pretension would need to be replaced. The VIN was not included in the NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V266000 (seats). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 113,600.

- Pomona Park, FL, USA

May 232013

Traverse 6-cyl

On the day of purchasing the vehicle, only seconds after signing the contract, I was told the vehicle could not be driven because of safety recalls. Had to wait three weeks before getting the vehicle I purchased, very nervous after that situation. Then after only having the vehicle approximately 8 months the power steering pump, water pump, and leaking hoses went out with over $1,500 in repairs. Three days after the second incident they called, after I brought the vehicle in for more business to get an oil change, tires rotated and a safety check, and they told me the tires were unsafe and they would not rotate the tires. They further stated that they would replace the tires for approximately $800. I am now on the fifth (5th) day without the family vehicle and very stressed. A 20 year veteran retired from the United States marines is asking for your support and assistance to make a bad deal right. Here is my statement on the last 9 months with dealing with prince Chevrolet of albany, 2701 ledo road, albany, ga 31707 and my breaking down lemon and vehicle. I am outraged that this is the type of customer service I am receiving from Chevy and I want out of the contract. I no longer want anything to do with Chevy or GMC. I hope to hear back from someone other than the local prince of albany staff, they are obviously giving me the run around. Thank you prince Chevrolet for not supporting your veterans and customers of Georgia with the right service. A great way to show the example of the rich stealing from the poor. I am not rich enough or powerful enough to hold prince Chevrolet of albany, 2701 ledo road, albany, ga 31707 accountable but ask that someone assist me so I can just get back to a normal life and Transport my family around safely.

- Leesburg, GA, USA

Jun 012014

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact received recall notices for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V266000 (seat belts), 14V118000 (air bags), and 10V375000 (seat belts). The dealer stated that the parts needed for the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 212012

Traverse

My 2010 Traverse power steering went completely out. Still not working. My truck tends to roll some after being in park on the brakes. My windows power doesn't work thru driver door. My ac stop blowing thru front vents. My seatbelts doesnt work properly. My second row pops up and glide while sitting in the seat. This truck has many problems.

- De Kalb, MS, USA

Sep 272013

Traverse 6-cyl

Coming out of highway exit, the stop light changed to red and my 7-year old child who I thought was restrained by the seatbelt was ejected forward. The driver seat stopped her from going into the front seat and cushioned her impact. I asked if she was ok and to move seats. The right passenger seat belt does not latch, it makes the sound that it clicks but it comes off, which can fool a child, I have four!!! my 7-year old thought the she was all buckled-up when she heard the "click" but the latch was not secure into the buckle and the seatbelt gave everyone a false sense of security. She could have broken her neck if her hands did not extend out first. Scary!

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jun 112013

Traverse

Second row seat belt latches make it extremely difficult to install child seat in center of second row. Tried two different car seats, neither one fit between the buckles in the center position. In order to get the seat installed, I was required to roll up a small blanket or towel to fit between the latches in order to get the child seat up above the top of the latches. This disallowed me to use the actual seat belt to secure the child seat and I was forced to use the adjacent "latch" anchors on the outer two seats, which I know is not recommended. No other choice though for a center child seat position. The stiff buckles also cause very difficult seating for even the smallest adults and cause the passenger to need to sit sideways in order to not get bruised by the stiff buckles while going over even the smallest bump. Very poor design that needs to be replaced with more flexible buckles.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Sep 142012

Traverse 6-cyl

I was driving on the interstate at approximately 55-60 mph and merged right to take an off ramp to a side street when both side air bag curtains deployed without incident. There were four people in the vehicle at the time of incident and my wife suffered serious chest bruising from the seatbelt locking up. The seatbelt locking mechanism front passenger and front driver side will not retract. At the time of incident I was clearly the only thing on the road with no obstructions. This complaint should be taken very seriously and checked into by General Motors for the safety of myself and others.

- Centennial, CO, USA

May 052010

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the rear center seat belt retractor malfunctioned and as a result, the seat belt could not be utilized. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the failure was due to the belt being twisted, which would need to be realigned. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 20,000 and the current mileage was 31,000.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 232011

Traverse

The 2nd and 3rd row seat belts are poorly designed. In order for an adult to sit in the back seats, they must sit sideways or the seat belt will dig right into their hips. It is so painful that putting on the seat belt at all only makes the problem worse. Also, it is extremely difficult to install a carseat in the back rows as well. Additionally, children have a very difficult time trying to fasten their seat belts if they are in booster seats. The booster sits right up against the seat belts and make a clicking noise so that you think the belt has been fastened but the majority of the time it is not.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Dec 262010

Traverse

Second row seat belt buckles are stiff and make it extremely uncomfortable where passengers have to sit sideways so that the buckle doesn't hurt them, leaving them prone to injury in case of an accident. My mother bruised her hip after sitting in the second row when I had to brake hard after I was cut off by another drive. Almost everyone that sits in the middle of the second row refuses to put on their seat belt because it hurts theirs hips. Also, this makes it hard to buckle in a child with a booster seat as there is very little room to click in the seat belt with the seat in place. Twice already I believed my daughter was clicked in but in fact she wasn't because the buckles had little to no give and gave me the impression that she was secure.

- Lyndhurst, NJ, USA

Sep 012010

Traverse

We own a 2010 Chevy Traverse with the 8 passenger seating. I am aware that this problem affects also the seven passenger versions of this vehicle also, through conversing with other Traverse owners on blogs. The rear seatbelt anchors are very painful to passengers, and dig into the hips. This affects the second row passengers, whether the car is equipped with captains chairs or a second row bench. It also affects all third row passengers. The anchors are entirely too stiff and stick straight out from the 90 degree point of the seat, with no "give" at all. The passengers have to actually sit a bit sideways to avoid being discomforted by the belts. Also, some Traverse owners have complained of a great deal of difficulty with installing car seats because of these belt anchors. My kids are older now, so I haven't experienced this, but I feel for them. I would appreciate someone from your department looking into this matter, and possibly getting us disgruntled Traverse owners some satisfaction. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

- Orefield, PA, USA

Feb 252010

Traverse

1. stopped at red light in 2010 Chevrolet Traverse SUV and rear ended by a Nissan frontier pick up truck traveling at a high rate of speed. Driver's seat belt on but driver's head thrown against windshield and then driver's body slammed against the back of the driver's seat which was forced back to a reclining position. Airbag did not deploy. 2. seat belt failed to prevent driver's head from hitting windshield if it is supposed to in this type of collision. Did the seat back act properly in such a collision? was the airbag supposed to deploy in this type of collision. 3. in body shop to repair to pre-accident condition..

- Longwood, FL, USA