CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 052008

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

On my 2006 Chrysler PT CRUISER, the brakes and wheels locked up when I had to stop to avoid hitting a truck who had slowed to make a left turn. Air bags did not deploy either, even though I hit the truck at approximately 50 mph and had major damage to front of my vehicle.

- Van Buren, AR, USA

Jan 062008

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Air bags in a 2006 Chrysler PT CRUISER did not deploy in a substantial accident. Second vehicle I have owned that bags did not deploy. Believe they were engineered for only severe accidents intentionally, seems to be a lot of them around. Chrysler refuses to replace the air bags.

- Hot Springs,, AR, USA

Dec 092007

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler PT CRUISER. While driving approximately 65 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle on the front driver side. The entire front side of the vehicle was destroyed and none of the air bags deployed. She did not see any warning lights prior to the crash. She called the dealer to have them inspect her vehicle, but they have not yet responded. The contact filed a formal complaint with the manufacturer. The current and failure mileages were 14,810.

- Glen Rose, TX, USA

May 182007

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

While driving down the freeway the door locks started clicking like they do when hitting the wireless remote. At the same time the flashers would go on. This continued intermittently all the way to work on city streets as well. I have not contacted the dealer at this time. My passenger airbag light went on, sometimes when I was driving. I took the car in to my mechanic in January for a complete brake job. The rotors needed replacing. I had less than 10000 when the car would shimmy violently when the brakes were applied. I took it back to my mechanic, and he informed me that the rotors were not of a material made to with stand much heat. He advised a beefier rotor. There was now a heavy duty rotor available on the after-market. I did not take this problem to the dealer because they most likely will tell me I was too hard on the brakes. If that were the case the Honda, which had 107000 miles on it would have been in for brakes several times by now, it was on the first set and finally needed pads.. another car did not see me coming and pulled out in front of me. When I went to hit the horn it would not honk. I had to reposition my hand several times to find the right spot and then push very hard. I planned to get rid of this car and never purchase another american car again. I have always had nothing but trouble with them. *

- Dutch Flat, CA, USA

Jan 152007

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

- the contact owns a 2006 PT CRUISER. The department of Consumer Affairs advised the contact to call NHTSA to file a complaint. The contact was in a car crash while driving 50 mph, another vehicle caused the crash. The front driver side fender and the axle were damaged. The contact was injured, and none of the air bags deployed during the crash. The mechanic stated that the air bag sensor was attached to the frame, and he was unable to determine why they didn't deploy. The dealer expected her to drive the vehicle after repairing it, but the contact didn't feel that the vehicle was safe. Daimler Chrysler engineers have taken pictures of the vehicle, and stated they would contact the driver within 72 hours. There was notification via mail which stated that someone would contact her in 12 business days.

- Bakersfield , CA, USA

Jun 172006

PT Cruiser

I was involved in a collision with a greyhound bus and a PT CRUISER. At an underpass in tucson I hit the steering wheel while taking a left off interstate 10. The greyhound bus was making a left than a quick right. When his back end went out my cruiser was hit on the front right side, causing significant property damage to the car and landed me in the emergency room with face injuries. The airbags did not deploy.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA