2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Mar 012013

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

The key is stuck in the ignition...I have to unattach the battery cable so the battery will not go dead. I am women who has a disease called cancer..I am truly in some need to have someone to investigate this matter as soon as possible.the dealer wants to charge at least $330 to figure out which I am on a fixed income, still making payments on the car.I feel like this should not be a fault of mine when a key is stuck in the ignition. I need your assistance because the car can not get inspected and I am unable to get to my treatments. Please help me!...your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Feb 182013

PT Cruiser

The contact owns a 2006 PT CRUISER. The contact stated that the steering wheel exhibited a squeaking noise when turned. The steering wheel also became hard to turn. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 04V268000 (steering). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 78,000.

- Distric Heights, MD, USA

Jan 112012

PT Cruiser

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler PT CRUISER. The contact stated that whenever the steering wheel was turned. A squealing noise emitted from the steering column. The contact examined the vehicle and noticed that power steering fluid was leaking out of the power steering pump. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the power steering pump was replaced. The failure continued. The current and failure mileages were 104,000.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Feb 262011

PT Cruiser

I own a 2006 Chrysler PT CRUISER w/automatic trans. The electrical system, Inc. The 4 cyl engine in my vehicle completely failed 3 sepsraste times, twice last year, and 1 time so far this year while driving in a residential area. This condition causes the air bag to not deploy; exterior and interior lights as well as all power assist systems such as steering and breaks, as well as all other electrical accessories to fail. I contacted the vehicle manufacturer and was instructed to take my vehicle into the local dealer as I was able to restart, as was I able each time previous, given I experienced no further problems until last week. However, the dealer diagnostic test yielded nothing which could account for the vehicle complete operational shut-down. I was advised there are no recalls, or warranty, and the dealer informed me to contact the manufacturers customer assistance center to advise them. The customer case manager indicated there would be no assistance forthcoming as the diagnostic testing showed nothing conclusive. The latest falure milease was 72,000.

- St. George, UT, USA

Oct 172010

PT Cruiser

My car had been sluggish when attempting to turn. It was so gradual I did not think much about it. Then I attempted a sharp right turn and the car did not respond well. Damage to both left tires and rims when unable to turn car to the right. Taken to tire choice for repairs. They then found that the left & right control arms were defective. They had to replace both, said it was a common problem with PT CRUISER. They checked and there was no recall of these parts, they explained to me that at one point I would have lost complete control of the car due to the defective control arms. I feel this repair bill should be covered through Chrysler and the resulting damage to right rims and tires should be reimbursed to me. Accident would not have occurred if control arms had not been defective

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jun 052010

PT Cruiser

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler PT CRUISER. While driving approximately 2 mph in reverse, the contact heard a noise. The vehicle was examined by an independent mechanic who stated that there was no power steering fluid in the vehicle. The power steering fluid was replaced; however, the contact stated that she had to constantly replace the fluid and was unable to find out where the leak was located. The vehicle was not taken to an authorized dealer to be examined. The current and failure mileages were unknown.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA